PDA

View Full Version : Question about AIO

cenwesi
04-22-2005, 10:31 PM
So i orderd AIO when do i apply this product. Right now i have the car polished, ready to be waxed. If i apply a wax (butter wax from adams) di then put the AIO when i do get it?

White95Max
04-22-2005, 10:35 PM
AIO would go on your car right now. Use it right after the polish. It will clean the paint and leave a smooth, glossy surface ready for your sealant or wax.

Eliot Ness
04-22-2005, 10:37 PM
AIO is mainly a cleaner that leaves behind *some* protection. If you use it after you wax, then AIO will remove it. You would use AIO after you finish polishing, it will clean/prep your paint and lay down a great base for your wax or sealant.

How did your Vette turn out?

cenwesi
04-23-2005, 06:11 AM
I have now discovered that when i use the adams polisher+revieve with the orange/white pad and then finish up with the FPII that the car shines and ALOT more of the random scratches disapear. I experimented on a particular part of the hood. The other thing i discovered and know under stand is the term, "work it in". I really don`t understand why the 3MPIIIRC/IP wasn`t getting rid of the random scratches. I will attempt again today with the IP+RC and work it in to see what will happen.

Something tells me that those will work also. I must not have been REALLY working them in. But from my experiment last night the adams stuff made me a beliver. Time to see if the IP+RC will also convert me because i really want one product that will work and stick with it.

cenwesi
04-23-2005, 07:04 AM
BTW, do i use the PC to apply this and if so what pad?

imported_CBX Carl
04-23-2005, 07:15 AM
I apply with a polish or finish pad. Usually I have the paint swirl and defect free before I apply AIO + SG.

tensors22288
04-25-2005, 09:18 AM
i just ordered the 50 dollar sonus DAS pad set, with the 3 foams, backing plate, and buffer pad. i can apply the AIO with the lightest pad rite? also after applying AIO do i need to wait a certain amount of time before applying my nxt tech wax over it?

imported_guapsnaman
04-25-2005, 09:25 AM
You can apply AIO with a finishing pad or the polishing pad. I`m not too familar with Sonus pads and colors so I can`t tell you exactly which ones they are..

wytstang
04-25-2005, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by tensors22288

also after applying AIO do i need to wait a certain amount of time before applying my nxt tech wax over it?

No time to wait...

tensors22288
04-25-2005, 11:37 AM
ok thanx, and is it ok to use meguiars 83 (dual action polisher i think) to remove the main swirls etc before the AIO? i was thinking of topping the AIO with nxt but i dont know if the AIO is as effective at removing lights swirls and scratches as the 83 .

Accumulator
04-25-2005, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by tensors22288

ok thanx, and is it ok to use meguiars 83 (dual action polisher i think) to remove the main swirls etc before the AIO? i was thinking of topping the AIO with nxt but i dont know if the AIO is as effective at removing lights swirls and scratches as the 83 .

If you use #83 you will probably need to use another abrasive polish to remove the micromarring that the #83 usually leaves. The AIO is basically nonabrasive so you can`t rely on it to remove much of *any* marring. AIO and #83 are in completely different product categories.

cenwesi- The RC and IP aren`t removing the marring because a) the paint on `vettes is sorta hard and b) marring is harder to remove by PC than some might think/expect. Could be that with the PC and advisable products, all you can do is *improve* the marring, as opposed to completely removing it.

I`m not familiar with the Adams polishes so I don`t know if it`s removing the marring or hiding it. And hiding isn`t always a bad thing since you don`t want to be taking off clearcoat all the time. The point is to make the car look good, and there are different approaches that give that result. See the recent thread on "Are YOU polishing your car too much".

cenwesi
04-25-2005, 01:18 PM
Thanks