PDA

View Full Version : Megs #16

imported_guapsnaman
04-22-2005, 10:26 AM
After two years of comtemplating on purchasing and using wax on my 03 Maxima, I`ve finally decided to give #16 a try.

After reading numerous threads and reviews on #16, it seemed that it was the typical wax I was looking for; something durable to give and extra shine. There`s something about me that makes durability just as important and significant as shine.

I already have AIO and 2x SG on the car. Before I plan to apply the wax I`ll be adding another coat of SG hopefully resulting in extra depth with the #16. I was just looking for any tips or advice on how to apply this wax. I have never used wax so treat me like a noob if you please.

edit: would you perfer apply #16 with the PC cause I was planning on doing it by hand.

THANKS!:)

imported_DetailGirl
04-22-2005, 10:37 AM
Same as any other wax, apply thin, I prefer by hand. Do one pannel go to the next and do it, then come back and buff off.

Thats I how I do it. I really didnt notice much with #16, not like with Nattys how we the paint looks or s100 how you gett the nice depth.

termigator
04-22-2005, 12:33 PM
You won`t get better durability with #16 than you will with the Klasse combo and if you want more depth, you`re better off with #26.

However, if you`re bent on using #16, try to get as thin a film as possible, or else it`s a PITA to remove. You might want to try spraying some QD on the pad before dipping into the can.:)

TortoiseAWD
04-22-2005, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by guapsnaman

edit: would you perfer apply #16 with the PC cause I was planning on doing it by hand.I prefer #16 by machine because, as others have mentioned, if you apply it too thickly it can be something of a pain to buff off. Using a 4" finishing pad with the PC makes both application and removal a snap. The #16 can is large enough that you can just put the pad in the can and give the PC a quick on/off to buzz the pad on top of the wax. The wax goes down in such a thin layer that residue removal is pretty easy.

Tort

imported_guapsnaman
04-23-2005, 02:41 AM
Thanks for the replies.

I guess I`m going to have to go with the hand application since I don`t have any 4` spot pads....

I`ll try to remember...thin is in...