PDA

View Full Version : QEW and Really Dirty Paint

randomman84
04-22-2005, 12:54 AM
How do you use QEW if the paint is really dirty as to not mar the surface? I may have to qew all the time from here out for the business and was wondering what ppls opinions are on this one. I know its alright to use with light dirty cars but i am worried about really dirty suv types.

raymond_ho2002
04-22-2005, 01:52 AM
Two buckets, each with one gallon of qew solution, using the two-bucket wash method. To be extra paranoid, soak the car surface with qew solution in a spray bottle before wiping.

:)

STBear
04-22-2005, 08:56 AM
I agree. I use two buckets but with QEW in one and just plain rinse water in the other. I also presoak with a spray bottle of QEW mix. Some just use the one bucket of QEW and still get good results. I just feel better with a seperate rinse bucket.

toml
04-22-2005, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by STBear

I agree. I use two buckets but with QEW in one and just plain rinse water in the other. I also presoak with a spray bottle of QEW mix. Some just use the one bucket of QEW and still get good results. I just feel better with a seperate rinse bucket.

Same as above, and I presoak if the panel is really dirty.

randomman84
04-22-2005, 09:55 AM
ok, im gonna start using qew a lot to get used to it. I hear it takes practice. Do you think it would be smart to get a roll around stool to sit on if im gonna be doing qew?

SK2003TypeS
04-22-2005, 11:06 AM
It took me a little time to get use to using QEW. I don`t use it all of the time, just when the car is mildly dirty. To me, mildly dirty is cleaner than the pics of the QEW tutorial in the Hall of Fame. If a car looked like that, I`d feel a little uncomfortable washing with QEW. :nervous2: Maybe I`d feel differently if I used it every time.

I also presoak, use 2 bucket method and squirt a few shots of a QD in the wash bucket before I start (Meg`s FI or Mother`s Showtime). It adds a little lubricity and looks like you washed and QD`d your car when you`re done (maybe my imagination).

I think a roll around stool is nice to have for any detailing. Easy on the back....of course, I still drag around a tool box :p

Scottwax
04-22-2005, 11:24 PM
Single bucket method. The 350Z is right at the limit of how dirty a car I would use QEW on without pre-rinsing.

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/878qew_on_pearl.jpg

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/878qew_on_black.jpg

WrxRob513
04-22-2005, 11:26 PM
Wow. You da man Scott.

toml
04-23-2005, 04:26 PM
Wow, that is something dirty!! Thanks for the pic!