PDA

View Full Version : enviromentally safe car wash soaps

Pages : [1] 2

randomman84
04-21-2005, 11:11 PM
anyone know of some environmentally safe car wash soaps? the ones that claim it.

i know wg does. does anyone else know any. i need to be environmentally safe if the county is to allow me to work.

Bill D
04-21-2005, 11:15 PM
Off the top of my head, I can`t help with naming any specific products but this thread (http://www.web-cars.com/detail/phorum/read.php?f=1&i=24818&t=24722) is a great resource for understanding biodegradable and environmentally friendly detailing products.

randomman84
04-21-2005, 11:16 PM
the linky is dead

Bill D
04-21-2005, 11:17 PM
Try it again now

White95Max
04-21-2005, 11:18 PM
Optimum Car Wash is an environmentally responsible product. Its biodegradable ingredients ensure that run-off from your vehicle will not affect the surrounding environment.

http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-car-wash.html

randomman84
04-21-2005, 11:22 PM
damn...so im gonna have to contain my water? That could pose a problem. What is a vacuboom? Are they expensive?

edit: found the vacuboom.

this could be interesting.

White95Max
04-21-2005, 11:24 PM
If you`re using QEW, you don`t have to worry about containing water, because there is very little, if any, runoff from the car. Just dispose of the water in the buckets somewhere else, like in a toilet or a basement sink or something.

randomman84
04-21-2005, 11:30 PM
ok, since ur on that topic, if a car is really dirty, can you still use qew effectively without marring the surface? if so, how do you go about it?

togwt
04-22-2005, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by randomman84

ok, since ur on that topic, if a car is really dirty, can you still use qew effectively without marring the surface? if so, how do you go about it?

) If your car is very dirty use a higher concentrate of QEW solution (2.5-3.0oz)

·After soaking mitt in solution, put solution into a spray bottle, spray panel with QEW

·Let panels soak before using the method outlined above

Change water as often as is necessary (dependant upon need/availability)

JonM

randomman84
04-22-2005, 09:57 AM
thanx guys. I am just worried about scratching/marring 80k+ porshes and vipers. ill go practice and see where i get.

togwt
04-22-2005, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Bill D

Off the top of my head, I can`t help with naming any specific products but this thread (http://www.web-cars.com/detail/phorum/read.php?f=1&i=24818&t=24722) is a great resource for understanding biodegradable and environmentally friendly detailing products.

Thanks for the link Bill, Grumpy explains (Biodegradable etc) very well

Bill D
04-22-2005, 10:15 AM
I`d change that water more than you might think and definitely use plenty of mitts. All cheap insurance especially if washing Porsches and Vipers.

medic159
04-22-2005, 11:14 AM
The only truly environment friendly car wash would have to be a plant based solution. While such a wash works exceptionally well and the car even stays cleaner longer it does not produce much in the way of suds. Therin lies the problem, we are all so programmed to think that the more suds the better that a non or low sudsing soap will make us think it isn`t working.

How do I know this? I tried for a while to market this exact product, it had to be the toughest sell I ever had, nobody re-ordered because they could not get used to the low suds. I myself still use it but even though I know the suds mean nothing, I can`t get over the lack of suds, it`s so ingrained in my mind that I can`t shake it, it can be a very disconcerting experience

The only option is to add a sudsing agent like all car soaps do and this defeats the environmentally safe purpose.

Glossequation
04-22-2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by randomman84

anyone know of some environmentally safe car wash soaps? the ones that claim it.

i know wg does. does anyone else know any. i need to be environmentally safe if the county is to allow me to work.

Just lie and tell them that it is. Then go out and buy some Meg`s or Eagle One. They`ll never know.

randomman84
04-22-2005, 10:07 PM
lol, ya i wish. i dont want to get nailed by the county. i know wg is friendly so ill shoot for that.