PDA

View Full Version : Steps in detailing?

Tundra_Jim
04-21-2005, 08:33 PM
I`m going to detail my mom`s van as part of her mothers day present. This van is pretty rough. Its a 2001, bought in 2000 and has never been waxed to my knowlege. Its lucky to get washed once every other month. The paint is still shiney, but needs some care.

What steps would y`all reccomend for this bad of a situation

from what I have read it seems like the standard is to start with ssr 2.5 then go to ssr 1 then a good polish and wax. (clay before any of that of course)

what do ya`ll think about that. I`m going to order a pc in the next couple days, what pads do you reccomend getting? and what pads are for what use? I`m gonna keep reading a searching while I see what pops up here...

thanks,

Jimmie

Tasty
04-21-2005, 08:40 PM
Myriad products and combinations that could be used. Do a search and read up. You can learn oodles here, I have already. Try www.exceldetail.com for some pads. The Propel pads that Patrick sells seem to be favorites here, but there are also Lake Country pads, Meguiar`s, and Sonus pads that many people on here use. Propel are very reasonably priced, and he offers a couple packages that get you a bit of a discount. Really though, do some searching and reading. My PC is sitting in my garage right now waiting for my pads and goo to get here. I plan to:

Wash

SSR 2.5

SSR 1

AIO

SG

LSP (probably NXT or Mother`s Reflections)

Tundra_Jim
04-21-2005, 09:10 PM
thanks tasty, keep the advice comin. this ones gonna be my biggest, worst detail yet.

I`m gonna practice on my rx7 first. Its going to get a whole new paint job before I start driving it again, so Its the test mule for now.

Tundra_Jim
04-21-2005, 09:17 PM
whats the difference between the PC 7424, 7428, and the 7336?

what one fits all of the sonus or other pads? which one is reccomended.

I found a 7428 for 125 bucks is why I ask. and a 7336 for 135...

imported_Denzil
04-21-2005, 09:25 PM
Here (http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/a/port/skinny.htm?L+coastest+ryly5092ff75e275+1114148447) you go. This should answer your question. Enjoy! :wavey

Tundra_Jim
04-21-2005, 09:32 PM
thanks, that answered everything about the pc`s... I love ebay.