PDA

View Full Version : MF Towel and PC Pad Maintenance

imported_Denzil
04-21-2005, 08:20 PM
How often do all of you wash your mf towels and pc pads and what detergent do you use to clean them? Do you wash them after every car wash or every two? I originally was thinking of washing them after every wash considering I want to wash my car every weekend due to the horrible dust at my other house.

Would it be ok to wash them every two washes? What are your suggestions? I feel really bad washing them after every car wash. :eek:

Oh yeah, are the pc pads safe for machine wash like the mf towels or should i just handwash after every (other) car wash?

I basically just need everyone`s rundown of what they do. Much appreciated. :wavey

Tasty
04-21-2005, 08:44 PM
Seems that from what I`ve read the pads need to be treated with some extra care. I think some people use the Sonus wash and soak them in a bucket, I`ve seen some that use Dawn, and I even saw some kind of buffer powered pad washing thing somewhere. Maybe on exceldetail, I don`t remember now. I don`t think machine wash would be good for the pads. I personally wash my MFs (machine wash) after every time I do my car. Dirt gets in them, and MFs are cheaper and less time consuming than ridding yourself of swirls.

imported_Denzil
04-21-2005, 09:05 PM
Yeah, I just washed my Propel pads in a dawn/water mix and let them soak for 30+ mins. I wasn`t able to get all of the product out but most of it was removed. I`m still contemplating what grouping of washing my mf towels I will do. I don`t think putting them all in one wash would be bright especially since I use them to polish, dry, clean, etc.

Tasty
04-21-2005, 09:12 PM
Perhaps a hand wash in woolite just in the sink, and then a rinse might be the best way. More economical than running the washing machine I guess. I need to get some Woolite, people love it on here.

imported_Denzil
04-21-2005, 09:23 PM
I`m not sure but I believe Woolite is not common in my neck of the woods or maybe I`m just not looking hard enough. Is there a close alternative?

Tasty
04-21-2005, 09:38 PM
Really? You can`t just buy Woolite at the grocery store? It is carried in nearly every grocery store around here in Houston. That is odd. Bottle looks like this (just in case you`ve never seen it) http://www.fabriclink.com/Woolite/Home.html