PDA

View Full Version : What is this stuff?

ScubaStevo
04-21-2005, 05:04 PM
Hey everyone,

My dad knows some people from 3M and he convinced them to give me some donations for my business.

I got 5 bottles of 3M Finesse-it, Final Polish, and 5 of these things. They`re 5 inches in diameter. I`d like to know how good they are, and if they`re good for paint.

What type of cutting power does the 3m product have? How much cut does the pad have?

Thanks everyone. :woot:

togwt
04-21-2005, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Buick_guy1

Hey everyone,

My dad knows some people from 3M and he convinced them to give me some donations for my business.

I got 5 bottles of 3M Finesse-it, Final Polish, and 5 of these things. They`re 5 inches in diameter. I`d like to know how good they are, and if they`re good for paint.

What type of cutting power does the 3m product have? How much cut does the pad have?

Thanks everyone. :woot:

3M Perfect-It Rubbing Compound -Extra Cut PN-05936 8/10

3M Perfect-It Rubbing Compound- Fine Cut-PN- 39002- 6/10

3M Perfect-It Swirl Mark Remover-PN39009 Light-3/10

3M Perfect-It Swirl Mark Remover-PN39109 Dark-3/10

Note: * relates to abrasiveness / cutting ability of polish

"and 5 of these things. They`re 5 inches in diameter. I`d like to know how good they are, and if they`re good for paint.`"

I`m sorry but I don`t understand this question.

JonM

ScubaStevo
04-21-2005, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by TOGWT

3M Perfect-It Rubbing Compound -Extra Cut PN-05936 8/10

3M Perfect-It Rubbing Compound- Fine Cut-PN- 39002- 6/10

3M Perfect-It Swirl Mark Remover-PN39009 Light-3/10

3M Perfect-It Swirl Mark Remover-PN39109 Dark-3/10

Note: * relates to abrasiveness / cutting ability of polish

"and 5 of these things. They`re 5 inches in diameter. I`d like to know how good they are, and if they`re good for paint.`"

I`m sorry but I don`t understand this question.

JonM

Sorry, I was in a hurry as I was late for work. What kind of cutting power do these pads have? Are they paint safe or are they made for some other surface? Do you know how they compare to normal pads? The foam is very dense.

Eliot Ness
04-21-2005, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Buick_guy1

.........What kind of cutting power do these pads have? Are they paint safe or are they made for some other surface? Do you know how they compare to normal pads? The foam is very dense.

Do they have a part number on them? How about the color and are they flat or a waffle surface?

The ones I have used are a soft grey foam with a waffle (rather than flat) surface and are about 8" or 9" (for rotary use). You may want to look around the 3M site and see if you can find the pads you`re talking about:

http://selector.3m.com/aad/ss.asp?FAM=Buffing_Pads

ScubaStevo
04-21-2005, 10:02 PM
Here is a picture of the pad. I couldn`t find it on the site.

http://stevebuick23.annihilator.ca/whatthe%20002.jpg