PDA

View Full Version : Well winter is finally over and i need help...

Masta Z
04-21-2005, 03:23 PM
Well guys, winter has finally come to an end and i plan on detailing the interior/exterior on my 04 Dodge Ram 1500. I wanna do the whole deal and make the paint as good as new, it held up pretty well in winter and i hope to restore the mirror like shine. Now, i dont have too much money to spend and i need to get the best results. What are some good products that i could apply and remove by hand? im not too good with a buffer. I use the NXT High Tech car wash. I have the NXT spray wax in my garage but im looking to go into more detail. The paint is pretty grimey

So my question is: What should i buy this weekend in order to get the best results for the cheapest? Exterior and interior products

Also, if im going to do claybar on my truck, its quite big, and i would appreciate any instructions and how long it would take. Im a total n00b with all this.

Thanks

-Z :cool:

Masta Z
04-21-2005, 03:26 PM
oh, the paint also has some swirls and i would like to know the most efficient way to minimize them

Masta Z
04-21-2005, 06:14 PM
any1? i need products that i can pick up locally from autozone or autobarn

Tasty
04-21-2005, 06:27 PM
Not to be rude, but there are 50 million threads on over the counter products and other products. Do a search. People seem to be very fond of the new Mother`s Reflections line of stuff. Seems to get great results for being OTC, and for the $$ amount. Also, to remove swirls as far as OTC products go maybe try Meguiar`s ScratchX. If the problem is on a larger scale then you are talking about different procedures altogether. Claying will take however long it takes, but is well worth the time. It took me probably an hour or so to clay my full size GMC if that is any indication.