PDA

View Full Version : Do you HAVE to use AIO under SG?

nonwelder
04-21-2005, 02:29 PM
I would love to try some Klasse this weekend...but...I don`t have any AIO. Would anything else work as prep, or do I NEED AIO?

Thanks,

Brett

Bill D
04-21-2005, 02:33 PM
Do you only have SG? If so, may be an AIO like cleaner-sealant will substitute ok. To use bare SG on a polished finish, well, you`d have to experiment and see how well it turns out over time. I don`t ever recall anyone trying just SG solo but it would be an interesting experiment to follow.

nonwelder
04-21-2005, 02:56 PM
Hmm...ok...I was wondering if perhaps something could be substituted. Could you use RMG perhaps?

2wheelsx2
04-21-2005, 03:00 PM
I think any paint cleanser would work. You just can`t use one which leaves behind oils. For instance, if you polished with DACP or something, you could probably go straight to SG.

nonwelder
04-21-2005, 03:06 PM
OK....still wondering about RMG....

Bill D
04-21-2005, 03:32 PM
Not familar if RMG has oils, sound like it does, if it does, no, you can`t use it before SG.I think one substitute AIO product might be 4 Star`s Ultimate Cleanser.

Mad iX
04-21-2005, 06:34 PM
The instructions on the bottle itself say you can use SG by itself as long as you have a clean surface. I don`t see why that wouldn`t be true, since SG is pretty much another sealant. Just follow the "rules" as with any other sealant. It should bond just fine as long as the surface isn`t oily.