PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna vs SSR2.5

6speedZ
04-20-2005, 05:56 PM
I know this has been discussed already in the past, but I am now having buyers remorse. I bought Menzerna IP & FPII, but now I am wondering if I made a mistake not going with SSR2.5. Someone please help reassure me that Menzerna products are worth trying with a PC. I would have gone with SSR2.5 had it been available, but because of timing I chose Menzerna. Also the whole german paint and Menzerna advertising on the website got me.:o So should I stick with the Menzerna and give it a shot or hold off and wait for SSR?

J.J.
04-20-2005, 07:46 PM
You could offer to trade someone. YOu never know who might want them. Click on the Prduct Exchange link in my sig. to find the trading thread.

JJ

SpoiledMan
04-20-2005, 07:51 PM
6 Speed, let me know if you want to work something out.

Alfisti
04-20-2005, 07:58 PM
6speedZ, why are you having buyers remorse? Have you tried them and been unhappy?

Menzerna polishes are excellent! I use several brands including Menzerna and SSRs, and love Menzerna.

How can we help you ?

6speedZ
04-20-2005, 08:15 PM
OK heres the deal. I am a newb when it comes to detailing and I have searched and read the forum for the past week or so and in comparison I have read more folks talk about SSR products than Menzerna. I have not tried the Menzerna as I just recieved it this evening, but some of the posts I have read have caused me to reconsider. I am hoping that people who have tried Menzerna and have had good luck with the product will chime in. I have heard that the IP is difficult to work with and that makes me a little nervous for a first timer with the PC.

BlackWS6
04-20-2005, 08:38 PM
From one newbie to another, don`t be scared/nervous about using the Menzerna, or the PC, check out this thread http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54482

to see what a first timer(me) with a PC and Menzerna can get done

ntoddalbert
04-20-2005, 08:48 PM
I just used the get aquainted Kit that contains Menzerma IP and FP, I dont think it was FPII ( How can you tell?) I think you will love it, its a great polish, left me impressed. I didnt find it hard to remove which I have heard some people say either.

A little goes a long way too, I will buy it again if thats what your looking to hear. I used a yellow Megs pad at 4.5

termigator
04-20-2005, 09:09 PM
Menzerna IP & FP II is great stuff. You shouldn`t feel any remorse whatsoever. I have a a bunch of 3M stuff too, but I don`t use those on my car anymore because I find the Menzerna stuff to be vastly superior. I use the 3M stuff for my wife`s car now.:D

I also have Final Touch Glaze and FMJ too. No regrets.:)

racerfx
04-20-2005, 09:12 PM
I recently did my first detail with my PC and Menzerna products and I didn`t think they were hard to work with at all. I`d give these a try. Then if you want to try SSR next time at least you have something to compare with. I`m pleased with the results I got my first time.

stevet
04-20-2005, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by FalconGuy

I just used the get aquainted Kit that contains Menzerma IP and FP, I dont think it was FPII ( How can you tell?)

FP is extreamley dark. FP II is light colored.

6speedZ
04-20-2005, 09:30 PM
Thank you everyone! This is exactly what I was hoping to hear. I will give the Menzerna a shot and see how it does. After searching the forums and reading up on all of the products I was a little intimadated, but now reading all of the replies I am much more at ease. Thank you again to everyone who replied and I hope I can get the car lookin as good as BlackWS6`s.:)

Alfisti
04-20-2005, 10:26 PM
Glad you got your confidence back. :D

Just keep in mind that IP isn`t exactly equivalent to SSR2.5. IP is a tad less aggressive, maybe similar to SSR2. :nixweiss

General Lee
04-20-2005, 11:40 PM
Here is a small review I did.....

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52694