PDA

View Full Version : 1Z Polish Question

Pages : [1] 2

nonwelder
04-20-2005, 03:22 PM
Going to use some IzPP with a white pad, and then I was thinking of following it with MP, and then Clearkote`s RMG. Should I skip the MP and go right to RMG? Silver car, by the way!

Thanks,

Brett

sQuashed
04-20-2005, 03:40 PM
I`d say no !! The MP does wonders, one of my favorite light polishes for adding depth.

nonwelder
04-20-2005, 03:48 PM
Thank ya...:)

ntoddalbert
04-20-2005, 05:18 PM
You will Love the MP, one of the most forgiving and easy to use products I have ever tried.

Shame about what 1Z did to all the online guys selling their products, when my can runs out I will have to find another product line.

DrSauekraut
04-20-2005, 05:41 PM
Are you removing moderate defects in the paint? If so, a white pad wonâ€â„¢t cut the mustard. If youâ€â„¢re not removing these defects, skip PP and use MP. 1Z is one of my favorites on silver . . . the finish will burst in a kaleidoscope of metallic flakes. Good luck :)

PS: you can find other online retailers or buy directly from 1Z`s new online store.

http://www.1z-usa.com/miva?/Merchant2/merchant.mv+Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=ECCS

Accumulator
04-20-2005, 05:47 PM
I love the Pro version of MP on silver, but I see that it`s not available at their online store...wonder what *that* means :confused:

Alfisti
04-21-2005, 03:01 AM
Fret no more, ol` son!

http://www.pakshak.com/1z-einszett.html

Keep the habit going! :xyxthumbs

02SLVRon22
04-21-2005, 03:04 AM
I purchased my Pro version of MP after your recommendation!

In fact, the place I purchased it from currently has it on sale for $10 for the rest of this month:

http://www.openroadmotoring.com/einszett.htm

Originally posted by Accumulator

I love the Pro version of MP on silver, but I see that it`s not available at their online store...wonder what *that* means :confused:

nonwelder
04-21-2005, 04:33 AM
So..for PP, should I think about a yellow pad or ??

thanks,

Brett

Accumulator
04-21-2005, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the links, folks. I was just worried that its being unavailable at 1Z might mean it was being changed/phased out/etc. Guess maybe I oughta just pick up another can and not worry about it.

Originally posted by OneQuickGT1

So..for PP, should I think about a yellow pad or ??

I have mixed feelings about using PP with a cutting pad. It`s *almost* too mild for that. When I need more cut than PP/polishing, I use a stronger product, usually 3m PI-III RC (05933) or even 1Z Ultra/Extra.

METICULOUSMAN
04-21-2005, 11:53 AM
Just curious what pad combo you have used with Ultra/Extra and how you liked it or any opinions?

togwt
04-21-2005, 12:16 PM
Visit our online shop

* For United States, Canada and Puerto Rico

Some of our products are difficult to find. So we built an online store to make things easier.

http://www.1z-usa.com/sys-tmpl/storefront/

JonM

Accumulator
04-21-2005, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by METICULOUSMAN

Just curious what pad combo you have used with Ultra/Extra and how you liked it or any opinions?

I`ve used both a cutting pad (not-so-micro marring!) and a polishing pad. Generally, I use the cutting pad and accept that I`ll have to do a fair amount of follow up work with milder products. I generally only use Ultra on the Audis` hard clear. I especially like using it by hand to remove scratches behind door handles and other isolated, random things like that. I probably use it this way (and for this purpose) 90% of the time, but that`s just my situation (my vehicles don`t get all that marred up so I don`t need aggressive measures).

jetskie
04-21-2005, 12:31 PM
IMO PP is perfect for either a orange LC pad or the white, it depends on how much defects are you trying to remove. As far as using RMG its OK to go staraight after PP, but I prefer to use MP and skip a glaze. IMO MP has plenty of wax and glaze in it and RMG is just an aditional step that is not needed. I would just go for the PP, then MP, then a LSP.

METICULOUSMAN
04-21-2005, 05:07 PM
I have only used Ultra/Extra by hand that is why I was curious. Thanks for the input. I might have the guts to try with the PC now. Where is my girlfriends car when I need it? :)