PDA

View Full Version : Natty`s on white?

HotRodGuy
04-20-2005, 01:09 PM
How does it look, I got some the other day and wanted to break it in on this (single stage paint)

http://meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/94458Eldo.jpg

car hasn`t been washed in over 3+ years :rofl:

Plan of attack is to clay

#83 or SSR2.5 (I just got the SSR but not sure I want to waste it as I have a gallon of #83)

May just go w/ #80 depending on how bad the swirls are once I wash it.

Top w/ Natty`s, was also thinking of throwing #16 on there.

I do have Pinnacle Signature Series, S100, NXT, Rejex, Zaino, M21, #20 and a few others though.

HotRodGuy
04-20-2005, 01:12 PM
It`s gonna be a long weekend rubbing this thing out w/ a PC

:wall

holland_patrick
04-20-2005, 01:25 PM
Man I know you`ll make it look great...

I would try both of them and see how it looks

now topping it... Hummmm.... I would normally say go old school on her with 16 but looking at what you have there..

hit her with zanio then natty`s..

05Sleeper
04-20-2005, 01:42 PM
Trsut me man, I just spent the better part of 2 days working on singke sage white paint, and I still couldn`t get the ALL the swirls out... Good luck with it.

I topped with AIO and UPP and it does look great! Very reflective, which I think it good for a white car!

HotRodGuy
04-20-2005, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by 05Sleeper

Trsut me man, I just spent the better part of 2 days working on singke sage white paint, and I still couldn`t get the ALL the swirls out... Good luck with it.

I topped with AIO and UPP and it does look great! Very reflective, which I think it good for a white car!

Yea, I definatley don`t plan on making this car perfect. It definately needs a repaint one of these days anyways (paint is stock we believe, and there are a few spots where you just see metal)

rollman
04-20-2005, 03:22 PM
Thats a sweet looking 58 , I think even Elvis would give you :2thumbs: . Happy detailing :buffing:

BTW . Natty`s would make that white look wet . I would just use either #16 or nattys . Good thing with the white is you really have to look for swirls but in the right light they pop up.

How bad is the paint ?

HotRodGuy
04-21-2005, 11:10 AM
Well, it`s dirty, i haven`t gotten under it. It had a full detail on it`s last cleaning for the 2002 rose parade :LOL:

I`m hopefully gonna attack it on saturday if my back holds up.

As mentioned we think the paint is original. There are a few bare metal spots where it`s been burnt through :(

s2skimon
04-21-2005, 01:46 PM
natty`s i`ve found to be an excellent topper, much better than paste glaze

HotRodGuy
04-22-2005, 12:43 PM
never tried PG, but have tried SS and wasn`t to pleased.

Do you guys suggest me putting something under the natty`s ( a polymer) The car doesn`t "need" the protection as it`s in a garage 99.9% of the time (may be driven 6-12 times a year)