PDA

View Full Version : If you could go back in time....

Pages : [1] 2

beeste
04-20-2005, 08:59 AM
.....which products do wish you knew about right at the start rather than wasting money on stuff that just sat on the shelf?

cenwesi
04-20-2005, 09:25 AM
Good Damn Question. I have so much products that i have resulted to throwing some away!!!

Glossmaster
04-20-2005, 10:56 AM
Back in the mid 80`s, I thought that "Rally Cream Wax" was the best thing since sliced bread! lol I wish I`d known about the Klasse AIO/SG back then. Furthermore, I wish I`d also known about the P21S Wax & Paintwork Cleanser, quality MF`s & the Pinnacle Souveran Wax. I have to add the 1Z product line & the Zaino product line to this, as well. When it comes to glass cleaning, the use of #0000 steel wool would`ve come in handy some 20 years ago!

imported_DetailGirl
04-20-2005, 11:46 AM
I guess this is a little off but I wish that I knew that going to the quarter car wash and using the brush was what was causing the swirls. I had a 2000 Ford Ranger in college that was swirled to death. That and I wish I knew about QDs would have saved me a lot of time.

cenwesi
04-20-2005, 11:51 AM
I have to say, after reading alot of stuff on this site i have repented.

1) I will NEVER take my car to these locals that do car wash stuff.

2) I will NEVER take my car to the car wash and use their brush....never again!!!

3) I will only allow professional detailer touch my car.

3) When i take my car in for server i will make the car person or who ever working on the car sign a statement that they will NOT WASH my car.

4) I will do my own detailing myself or #3.

Thank you autopia...

Lowejackson
04-20-2005, 01:58 PM
I guess my regret is not buying a PC sooner

MongooseGA
04-20-2005, 02:04 PM
My regret is buying a PC and having it long enough to get p*ssed off at it for being so slow.

Oh, and I wouldn`t have bought the entire Black Magic line up at Wal-Mart. :o

imported_Jinba ittai
04-21-2005, 09:55 PM
Zaino, Scratch X and 303 Protectant. 15 years ago I didn`t know about these products and wish I`d had them.

They make life easier and work great! :xyxthumbs

White95Max
04-21-2005, 10:28 PM
Clay

Car wash soap :o

Paste Glaz :)

Scottwax
04-21-2005, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Lowejackson

I guess my regret is not buying a PC sooner

Yeah, same here. I`d like to have started using seperate polishes and waxes a lot earlier too.

C. Charles Hahn
04-22-2005, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by beeste

.....which products do wish you knew about right at the start rather than wasting money on stuff that just sat on the shelf?

Well I for sure would`ve never bought 3M Swirl Mark Remover. I still have that stuff; doesn`t work even close to on-par with the meguiar`s mirror glaze stuff I use now.

I also probably never would`ve bought Mothers Back-to-black, Meguiar`s Gold Class (old version), or Meg`s Hot Rims wheel cleaner.

More than likely also I would`ve never gotten the Eagle One tire swipes -- I find it much easier to use a yellow circular foam applicator, plus they`re much cheaper.

And, of course, I would`ve wound up buying MFs instead of 100% Cotton bath towels, had they been readily available at the time.

stogie1020
04-22-2005, 03:48 AM
Condoms, condoms, condoms.....

Sorry, couldn`t resist.

Don
04-22-2005, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by stogie1020

Condoms, condoms, condoms.....

Sorry, couldn`t resist.

You TOO?! ;)

Seriously, for me it would be the PC (instead of that damned GEM orbital), the Bissel Big Green and I would have stuck with Meguiars instead of trying all that infomercial crap.

C. Charles Hahn
04-22-2005, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by Don M

the Bissel Big Green

Meaning you WOULDNT have bought it?? I use mine all the time; absolutely love it.

PaPenguin
04-22-2005, 09:36 AM
If I could go back in time I`d go back about 23 years and put everything I own in Microsoft stock.