PDA

View Full Version : carnauba layers?

lwing18
04-20-2005, 07:14 AM
Do multiple coats of carnauba improve protection or shine?

Accumulator
04-20-2005, 11:22 AM
Opinions vary, and this topic sometimes results in a fair amount of :argue

If you want to try "layering" carnaubas, you should try to add the new wax without disturbing the wax that`s already on there. Spit-shining is one way to do it and might be worth a search.

I`d say to try adding more wax and see if you notice any difference(s) that you like. If so, keep doing it and don`t worry about what others say ;)

Glossmaster
04-20-2005, 12:11 PM
As for layering Carnaubas, I find it works best when you allow sufficient curing time of the previous wax layer before adding another layer. ( 12-24 hours) When I`m in a "Carnauba Frenzy Mood" I`ll start with a good prep then proceed to applying 3 coats of either P21s or Souveran ( or a combo of both) over a 3 day period of time. When I`m using a sealant ( insert favorite sealant here ) I start with prep ( duh!) then sealant......wait 12-24 hours.....then begin my Carnauba regiment. Once again, what works for me may not work for others. ( We`re so "PC" nowadays! lol )

truvette
04-20-2005, 12:41 PM
Layering carnauba is one of my favorite things to do. I don`t know why, but I find putting on a layer carnauba every few weeks or so to be very therapeutic.

I have been doing this for the past few years now. From my experience, I can honestly say that I have never observed any negative effects.

My advice would be to use thin layers, and definitely allow the first layer to cure (24 hours) before you add another layer.