PDA

View Full Version : black car, tons of swirls, a few scratches

imported_kuba
04-19-2005, 10:10 PM
as the heading states, i got a lot of stuff to deal with on my car.

would love to get rid of them, but im gonna be realistic and know that it wont be gone for good or possibly can`t get rid of them all.

what`s a good product to remove swirls (TONS of them) as well as scratches on the hood, roof side panelling, etc, etc...read that pinnacle was pretty good.

ill do a search as well, but thought id ask myself to help get personal replies and what not.

thanks in advance...appreciate the help.

BlackWS6
04-19-2005, 11:25 PM
I like the Menzerna twins (IP, FP2, toped with FMJ) did a great job on my black car, (took out 90% of the swirls) of course I used the PC and Sonus pads. I just took my time (had to do the hood twice lol) this was the first time with this combo, and I think it worked well, check the pics in the click and brag section under Black T/A

It`s never going to be perfect, it`s a daily driver, so I just try to make it look as nice as I can

imported_kuba
04-20-2005, 01:07 PM
looks amazing, nice job.:woot:

just bought myself the PC7424, it was in the wrong "home" on the shelf.

the label underneath it was for $25.99 lol

so i talked to the store manager saying look, it`s not my fault, it`s misleading and he gave it to me for $160 taxes in.

even though technically he should have given it to me for $25.00 but im gonna write a letter to the head office about that and see how much more i can get off ;-)

I`m assuming that`s a pretty good deal, now i have to find the Menzerna(sp?) lol products here in toronto.

but ya great job and did a search in other threads seems like the PC is the way to go as well as the Menzerna products.

thanks for the reply :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs

foxtrapper
04-22-2005, 10:28 AM
Multiple layers of a product that will build up is one of the most effective ways to effectively eliminate the visibility of the swirls. That`s what makes the polymer products work, their tendancy towards this.

J.J.
04-22-2005, 03:39 PM
$160? Ouch! I hope that`s Canadian currency!

JJ

imported_kuba
04-22-2005, 03:51 PM
nope American...figured id put it in american since the majority of the members here are American.

regardless, im gonna return it and hunt down a better price.

didn`t like the treatment i got.

gotta shop around. maybe even the PC 7336 both are identical in terms of power, rpm`s...so dont know the difference off hand right now...but ill do my homework.:)

imported_kuba
04-22-2005, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by foxtrapper

Multiple layers of a product that will build up is one of the most effective ways to effectively eliminate the visibility of the swirls. That`s what makes the polymer products work, their tendancy towards this.

i sometimes wonder how those polymers will hold up in the winters we have here lol:eek:

Tasty
04-22-2005, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by kuba

looks amazing, nice job.:woot:

just bought myself the PC7424, it was in the wrong "home" on the shelf.

the label underneath it was for $25.99 lol

so i talked to the store manager saying look, it`s not my fault, it`s misleading and he gave it to me for $160 taxes in.

even though technically he should have given it to me for $25.00 but im gonna write a letter to the head office about that and see how much more i can get off ;-)

I`m assuming that`s a pretty good deal, now i have to find the Menzerna(sp?) lol products here in toronto.

but ya great job and did a search in other threads seems like the PC is the way to go as well as the Menzerna products.

thanks for the reply :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs

Good luck. Why should the store sell you a $160 tool for $25 just because another customer may have set it down in the wrong place? I wouldn`t budge off the price at all if it were my store. That argument is age old and just lame. Let the buyer beware, and also AWARE of the product`s actual cost.

SkeptiKal
04-22-2005, 04:49 PM
Difference between 7336 and 7424 is the counter weight, I think.

imported_Jinba ittai
04-22-2005, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by foxtrapper

My experience confirms this. My new repaint had swirls, minor holograms, some light scraches. I clayed, applied 2 coats of Z5 and then one coat of Z2-Pro with some Z8. I`ve since checked out the finish in direct sunlight and under a droplight and the swirls are gone. The paint looks like it did when the car was brand new. :xyxthumbs

imported_kuba
04-22-2005, 10:58 PM
:woot: honestly cant wait to see what can be done to my mess...(if you`ve seen the pics)...going to MEGs clinic in 8hrs...should learn a few things there to.

you guys sure know how to get a guys hopes up :xyxthumbs