PDA

View Full Version : Products for windows?

Pages : [1] 2

Mitchubishievo
04-19-2005, 06:50 PM
Hey everyone,

I detail lots of cars in my area and have always had a problem with windows. I received my order for 2005 and decided to try out Rain Clear and Fog Clear, which are a new products from the guy who patented Rain-X. The Rain Clear also came with Glass Scrub, but I dunno if it`ll do the job. I also have a can of IG, but it just didn`t clean off hard water spots for me last year. Was I just not rubbing enough? Did using normal Bounty paper towels prevent me from getting it perfect? I bought class cleaning wipes and MF towels this year but I just wanetd to konw before I got into full swing. Thanks in advance.

White95Max
04-19-2005, 07:26 PM
If you have water spots on the outside of the windows, try one of these:

AIO

clay

vinegar

To clean the insides, use a good quality MF towel and a good glass cleaner. I use a WCD green MF for glass, and Sonus Vision.

ghost_rider_x
04-19-2005, 08:26 PM
just recently i`ve been polishing my windows (outside) with menzerna FP II using the PC. gets of water spots etc. followed by invisible glass on the outside and inside applied with newspaper.

loco
04-19-2005, 09:13 PM
I used Z-12 with the PC on my water spotted windshield over the weekend. Got the job done nicely!

For regular cleaning both outside and inside, I just use Invisible Glass or Sprayway and MF towels.

Mitchubishievo
04-19-2005, 09:28 PM
I forgot that I even ordered Z-12! Thanks guys, I think my window troubles will soon be over :D.

Pats300zx
04-20-2005, 07:04 AM
I would also recommend the new NXT glass cleaner. Its on the best products I have ever used on windows. (This from a die hard Stoners IG user :) )

bigbadbooda
04-20-2005, 07:10 AM
After you clean the glass, I found Z2 + ZFX to be an excellent protectant for the glass.

Any other opinions about using Z2 on glass?

benpocock
04-20-2005, 07:20 AM
For spotted windows I use clay, AIO, VM or AG Glass Polish. For the inside I use AG Fast Glass with a glass MF.

Ben.

imported_vindaloo
04-20-2005, 08:44 AM
1Z GlasPolish is very good for removing water spots & accumulated grime

kompressornsc
04-20-2005, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by bigbadbooda

In my experience, it tends to streak & get a funky haze after a while on the windshield. I think the wipers do something weird to it. Back to Rain X for me.

WrxRob513
04-20-2005, 09:06 AM
Don`t forget to clay your windows. :)

SK2003TypeS
04-20-2005, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Pats300zx

I would also recommend the new NXT glass cleaner. Its on the best products I have ever used on windows. (This from a die hard Stoners IG user :) )

Impressive...will definitly have to visit this one since IG is a staple in my arsenal.

SK2003TypeS
04-20-2005, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by bigbadbooda

After you clean the glass, I found Z2 + ZFX to be an excellent protectant for the glass.

I use Z2 on glass (w/o ZFX) no prob.

....is this the G35 guy who asks me questions all day ? :p Name sounds familiar.

mtwedt
04-20-2005, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by WrxRob513

Don`t forget to clay your windows. :) Definately! I had water spots on my sunroof that did not respond to vinegar/0000 steel wool, AG glass polish OR the diamondite system (to my expensive disgust) They came out beautifully with Sonus clay when doing a full spring detail.

Glossmaster
04-20-2005, 12:34 PM
Ah yes........Glass detailing! A combo of #0000 steel wool and your favorite glass cleaner should do the job for you. I use the Bon Ami,Sprayway,20/20 & Stoners as my "go to" glass cleaners w/ #0000 steel wool on all exterior glass. ( don`t use the steel wool on tinted glass, mirriors or plastic light covers ) I also use AIO,Autoglym glass polish & Zaino glass polish as well. Plexus works well on tinted glass, mirrors & plastic light covers. Claying works terrific too!