PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna + Zaino?

Crash 02
04-19-2005, 04:16 PM
Is it necesary to wash the car with Dawn before using Zaino after buffing with Menzerna IP/FP?

Bill D
04-19-2005, 04:18 PM
I`d probably do a wipe down with a water:isopropyl alcohol mix or a dewaxing solvent like Prepsol just to be extra sure the finish is completely residue free.FWIW, regardless of the LSP, it`s what I tend do.

Crash 02
04-19-2005, 04:23 PM
Thanks. I will wipe it down.

Bill D
04-19-2005, 04:27 PM
:up

6speedZ
04-19-2005, 05:35 PM
Can someone please explain how to use the water:isopropyl alcohol mix. Thanks!

Eliot Ness
04-19-2005, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by 6speedZ

Can someone please explain how to use the water:isopropyl alcohol mix. Thanks!

Just mix up some isopropyl alcohol 50/50 with water, spray it on and wipe it off. You can get the isopropyl alcohol at any drug store.

6speedZ
04-19-2005, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Eliot Ness

Just mix up some isopropyl alcohol 50/50 with water, spray it on and wipe it off. You can get the isopropyl alcohol at any drug store.

Do I do this after IP or FPII? Or do I do it after both? Also are you suppose to always do this or only on certain applications? Thanks alot Elliot Ness you have really helped me out since I have joined and I really appreciate it.

Eliot Ness
04-19-2005, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by 6speedZ

Do I do this after IP or FPII? Or do I do it after both? Also are you suppose to always do this or only on certain applications? .......

Only after the last product before your Zaino. You do it to remove any oils, fillers, or wax the polish might leave behind that would interfere with a sealant such as Zaino bonding to your paint. You wouldn`t have to do it if you`re going to apply a wax, or if the polish leaves behind no fillers, oils, etc..

It`s also done to make sure all the defects have really been removed and aren`t just filled by what the polish might leave behind. Since I don`t use Zaino or FPII, I can`t say if this is really needed after FPII, but it will give you a very clean surface for the Z to bond with.

Bill D
04-19-2005, 06:35 PM
I tend to do it routinely between each polishing step but in the case of Menzerna, not really needed, For after your very last polishing step also.

I let the IPA dwell just a bit on the surface before wiping off. Doing so is supposed to allow it "to work" a bit first.