PDA

View Full Version : A must help...PC and Tons of stuff

cenwesi
04-19-2005, 08:03 AM
Hi guys, let me start by saying I have visited this site few times but finally signed up yesterday. I guess I will begin with a brief history. My car is a Black 2002 z06 Corvette. As everyone knows, black is a nightmare to keep clean not to mention the awful swirl & scratches. Most of these scratches/swirls came from the dealer...I have also noticed that when I was the car I find new ones and I am very careful as to how I was it but I guess I am still NOT doing it correctly. As of today I have the following tools/products.

Porter Cable 7336sp

3m rubbing compound #03900

3m Scratch & Swirl Remover 39009

Maguire Scratch X

Micro fibers â€â€œ A LOT

Terry Towels â€â€œ A LOT

Pads â€â€œ About 5

Wax â€â€œ NXT and few others that I canâ€â„¢t think of their names. The latest one is Adams Polishing stuff... http://www.westcoastcorvette.com/shop_online/prod_detail.cfm?id=1273

Soup â€â€œ tried them all.

Detailing - Quick detail and some with the Adams polisher kit.

*** ARIVING tomorrow is the following items.

1 [VPAD-KIT] 7424 Accessory Pad Kit w/ Velcro Plate @ $59.95 each = $59.95

NOTE: this kit comes with:

One 6 inch Flexible Velcro Backing Plate

One 6 inch Hi-Gloss Orange Power Pad

Two 6 inch Hi-Gloss White Polishing Pads

One Hi-Gloss Red Concours Finishing Pad

Three Micro fiber Buffing Cloths

1 [MEN-IP16N] Menzerna Intensive Polish, 16 oz. @ $13.95 each = $13.95

1 [HGCP-65G] 6 Constant Pressure Black Finishing/Glazing Pad @ $9.95 each = $9.95

1 [MEN-FPII16] Menzerna Final Polish II, 16 oz. @ $14.95 each = $14.95

1 [HGCP-65Y] 6 Constant Pressure Yellow Foam Polishing Pad @ $9.95 each = $9.95

As you can see I think I just about have EVERYTHING one could possibly have handy and I am ready to do battle. I really hope I can get some help here getting rid of these dreaded swirls and scratches.

So my goal here is to get rid off the swirls and scratches and no the scratches are NOT anywhere deep and I can not feel it with my finger. The car has already been clayed about 6months and I don`t mind redoing it. BTW, this is not my daily car only weekends and is garage kept.

Anyway I spent most of yesterday reading detail basic 101 from hundreds of threads. What I want to know from the experts here is what steps/procedure do I follow to get rid of this problem. What are the speed settings? And which pads do I use first and what product? Do you get my drift? Once I succeed, I need to throw away ALOT of product(s) I that I won`t need any more. I really need to clean up my garage :)

NOTE: I WILL TRY ON ONLY A SMALL PART OF THE CAR TO SEE IF IT WORKS

cenwesi
04-19-2005, 09:47 AM
37 views and no guru to help

spotpad
04-19-2005, 10:08 AM
Hello,

I`m no guru but here`s a thread that should answer a lot of your questions:

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47155

Clay the car before you polish. :xyxthumbs

Use the white polishing pads for both IP and FPII. If the swirls don`t come out after two or three tries with IP and the white polishing pad, use IP with the orange polishing pad.

Forget the yellow pad for now.