PDA

View Full Version : Flexplate and Pads Q

6speedZ
04-18-2005, 05:58 PM
Two questions. First are the Propel Pads safe to use with the Sonus Flexplate? Second I have the the Sonus DAS Pad Kit and was looking into buying the Propel Blue and Green pads. Is there any reason to add the Grey finishing pad? I will be using Menzerna IP & FPII followed by Zaino on one car and Menzerna IP & FPII followed by AIO and Pinnacle Souverän/P21S on the other. Thanks!

trueblueblood
04-18-2005, 06:10 PM
As for the grey pad, tough call I can apply Zaino and what not by hand way quicker than with the PC so I can knockout 2 coats atleast by the time I finsh one with the PC. But you get to work the polish in more and if you have a heavy hand you can apply those whisper thin layers of Zaino or such . I can apply by hand whisper thin now so no big deal:p . Good to have "one" either way and see which is easier or you like better.

imported_Burlyq
04-18-2005, 06:24 PM
Use of a finishing pad sets that mirror shine very nicely. I use finishing pad with FPII all the time, and I use IP with a white or polishing pad.

6speedZ
04-18-2005, 08:20 PM
Thanks guys! I will definitely get a finishing pad. Does anyone know if the Sonus Flexplate wil work with the Propel pads? I assume it would because it has a 5 inch backingplate like the Propel. I just want to make sure before I place my order.

JasonD
04-18-2005, 08:25 PM
Yep, same thing.