PDA

View Full Version : 67 firebird z2 z8

eran
04-18-2005, 05:24 PM
Here is what I did today, z6, z2, z8, needed no prep as is garaged most of the time.

http://er3.com/firebird/firebirdz2z8.jpg

foris2
04-18-2005, 05:42 PM
Awesome job :bow

imported_memnuts
04-18-2005, 06:16 PM
Nice car. Gotta love that body sytle. I have a black 67 Z28 (396ci).

Looks like it just came out of a paint booth. Excellent work. :bow

C. Charles Hahn
04-18-2005, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

Nice car. Gotta love that body sytle. I have a black 67 Z28 (396ci).

Looks like it just came out of a paint booth. Excellent work. :bow

I honestly never liked 1st gen pontiac f-bods. I basically like anything `70 and up. Now the 67-69 Camaros.... I LOVE those. Of the three, I`d say I would most want to own a `69 RS, RS/SS, or Z/28. Hardtop, hugger orange /w white stripes, and the black/white houndstooth interior :cool: and a 396 under the hood.

Do you ever drive any of your "collectibles," or even show them for that matter? Just curious. Once before I know you said something about them just sitting in a storage garage.

Nice work on this one, though. :xyxthumbs

MongooseGA
04-18-2005, 07:03 PM
I glanced over the title and thought it said "1967 Firebird Z28". I saw "67" and `Z28" and was expecting a Camaro. When i saw the Pontiac, I suspected something fishy was afoot :hm: Hehe.

Gorgeous car :up: I`m trying like hell to get my uncle`s `70.5 Camaro down to VA from PA so I can tinker on it a little.

eran
04-18-2005, 08:27 PM
I only drove her about 5 times last year, I allready beat that record this year. I might as well enjoy life right? I plan to drive her alot this year and so far the weather has been great. Seems like last year was a rain fest up here. I detailed her last year with a PC random orbit and Zaino threw and threw. I love the New z2 pro and the z8!!! -It seems to be almost hypnotic, I swere the gloss comes out more and more with time...? The photo was taken right after the z8 today.

imported_memnuts
04-19-2005, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Shiny Lil Detlr

Do you ever drive any of your "collectibles," or even show them for that matter? Just curious. Once before I know you said something about them just sitting in a storage garage.

Nice work on this one, though. :xyxthumbs

Not beyond placing the batteries and starting them up and rolling down the driveway. Just do not have time nor inclination to drive them. Last year I only drove the 95 Z28 convertible about 400 miles (1.5 tanks of gas) and never bothered with letting the top down.

It is April now and I still haven`t bother to register her. I told my wife I was going to register this vehicle and her response was, "What for, she just sat in the garage all last summer" :rolleyes:

My excuse this month is the pollen. Black finish and pollen :shocked

Driving spirited vehicles just isn`t fun any more with the amount of congestion on the road, the general inability of the public`s driving skills (maturing drivers), inconsiderate drivers in general and the liability involved if one does have an accident.:(

It stinks developing maturity (getting old) ;)

C. Charles Hahn
04-19-2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

Driving spirited vehicles just isn`t fun any more with the amount of congestion on the road, the general inability of the public`s driving skills (maturing drivers), inconsiderate drivers in general and the liability involved if one does have an accident.:(

It stinks developing maturity (getting old) ;)

:D Well you can always send the "spirited vehicles" my way ;) :o

I guess alot has to do with where you live. I wouldn`t want to drive one "in the city" but I`m close enough to back roads with 55-plus MPH speed limits and wide open spaces to just let `er rip, that it wouldn`t be out of the question. As much as detailing is therapy, getting behind the wheel of a quick car is just as awesome :xyxthumbs

imported_memnuts
04-19-2005, 12:05 PM
Shiny Lil Detlr,

That`s the whole irony of my situation. I now live in a rural environment with many back roads and all the streets and roads are smooth. I grew up in New England where driving even on the highways was an experience of dodging potholes. I was younger than and didn`t realize the consequences of "letting her rip". Hopefully, when I retire I was take more time to cruise these monsters (if gas isn`t $10 / gal). :wavey

FN New Guy
04-19-2005, 12:21 PM
eran, I feel your pain. Here on Long Island the only thing worst than the traffic is the drivers. I have a 1965 Impala with a roller cammed 509, it stinks just idling in traffic. I`ve decided to sell as I just don`t enjoy it anymore. The wife has a Carosel Red (Hugger Orange) 1969 Lemans with a 400 (ran a 12.96@104) and we only drove it 3 times last year. Once was for an inspection around the corner. They closed the track and chase out all the cruise nights. Just not fun anymore.

Way2SSlow
04-19-2005, 12:34 PM
Good looking bird. Does she have the 326 under the hood?

eran
04-19-2005, 05:45 PM
Yep a 326 is under the hood, I just upgraded the ignition to a stock looking electronic hall effect type and a 40,000V coil, wow what a difference, crispy acceleration compaired to the worn out old points system.