PDA

View Full Version : How is this combo?

randalmorn
04-18-2005, 05:14 PM
I am currently using meguiars deep crystal 3 step system. My car doesn`t have any scracthes but only has light swirl marks but i can not remove swirl marks totally with this kit. I think i need a swirl mark remover or something like it and want to apply best combo for my car. My car`s paint is metallic coloured gold (bmw individual color) so it has light color. I made a search and decided to apply these steps.

1- Wash

2- Meguiar`s Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner

3- 3M Perfect-It Swirl Mark Remover for Light Paints

4- Klasse AIO

6- Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze (x2 / x3)

7- S100 Carnauba Paste Wax

OR Poorboys Natty`s Paste Wax

I need advise for the product choices and for the correct steps. There are any additional steps or unnecessary steps in my list? What is your opinions???

(Sorry for my bad english)

Scottwax
04-18-2005, 05:41 PM
First thing I would recommend is to download the e-book which will give you a good overall understanding of the detailing process.

I don`t use either products you listed for step 2 or 3 so I can`t comment on whether or not they will take care of your light swirls. My go to polish is Meguiars #80 Speed Glaze which will remove mild swirls. Poorboy`s SSR line is also very good. After removing the swirls, your plan of AIO/SG/S100 sound excellent!

J.J.
04-18-2005, 07:10 PM
1. Wash

2. Clay

3. Swirl Remover

4. AIO

5. SG

6. S100

No need to: clean --> remove swirls --> clean

Definitely should clay though. YOu might be suprised at what the clay will pick-up, even on a car in good condition and well maintained

JJ

randalmorn
04-20-2005, 01:55 AM
Thanks for your response. So this is the correct order isn`t it?

1- Wash

2- Clay (Which clay ?)

3- 3M Perfect-It Swirl Mark Remover for Light Paints

4- Klasse AIO

6- Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze (x2 / x3)

7- S100 Carnauba Paste Wax

OR Poorboys Natty`s Paste Wax

and another question: can i make all these steps by hand? Because i do not want to give lots of money to the pc. I know removing swirls by hand is a big :faint: job but can i achieve good results anyway?

steck
04-20-2005, 02:13 AM
replace your step `3` with 3m`s PI MG, or Megs #80 or another fine polish.

the 3M SMR is really more of a glaze and will fill alot. so you will be stripping the fillers when you use AIO in your step `4`.

Meg`s colourX and ScrathX are designed to be used by hand!!