PDA

View Full Version : Horrible scare today for an autopian!!

Pages : [1] 2

Sig
04-18-2005, 04:08 PM
So I parallel park my car, metallic silver G35, today on campus to get some paperwork turned in. I never really like parking like that cause i`m afraid of dent and dings and all the people walking by but I didn`t have much of a choice.

So about an hour later I`m walking back to my car and from about 100ft in can see this bit white line down the side of my car like somebody had keyed the crap out of it. Being it was right beside the walkway and it looked just like a key like I was freakin` out.

Any anxious 5 seconds later I get there and it was what has to be the worlds largest spider web laid out in a very thick link going all the way down my car. :woot:

I know I looked like such a retard jogging to the side of my car to see a spiderweb but I was just happy it was what it was. :bow :bow

Anybody else had near "scares" like that with their baby?

2000firebird
04-18-2005, 05:37 PM
yeah, i guess you could say worse than a scare, the keys down my hood, door and fender.

stilez
04-18-2005, 06:04 PM
LoL.

I always check for dings/scratches and try to always remember who I park next to.

MongooseGA
04-18-2005, 06:07 PM
Walked up to my Lexus Friday afternoon to find it egged.

Forced to leave it over the weekend.

It`s now stuck to the paint.

Talk about a scare.

Scottwax
04-18-2005, 06:09 PM
I`ve had the same thing happen with the spider web stuff.

fdresq4
04-18-2005, 06:40 PM
After detailing my wife`s CRV, I found a 1-1 1/2 inch scratch in her lower drivers door:mad: :mad:

This was after washing, claying, wash, Sonus 2 and 3, AIO and SG x`s 4.

Broke out the PC and took care of it:woot2:

Things are back to normal, for now.

Why are peopel so inconsiderate??

C. Charles Hahn
04-18-2005, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by fdresq4

After detailing my wife`s CRV, I found a 1-1 1/2 inch scratch in her lower drivers door:mad: :mad:

This was after washing, claying, wash, Sonus 2 and 3, AIO and SG x`s 4.

Broke out the PC and took care of it:woot2:

Things are back to normal, for now.

Why are peopel so inconsiderate??

They don`t keep their own vehicles nice, so they figure nobody else does, or should, either.

imported_SHICKS
04-18-2005, 07:16 PM
A few months ago I looked out my window and saw about every other car on my street was egged, I went outside thinking of the worst and thankfully both of mine were spared, but my alarm would have went off, I have it so sensitive sometimes goes off during hard rain.

Last Sat. night 140 cars were hit with pellet guns in my town, now I know why my insurance went up for no reason.

Steve

Intercooled
04-18-2005, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by SHICKS

Last Sat. night 140 cars were hit with pellet guns in my town, now I know why my insurance went up for no reason.

Steve [/B]

I`m from NH, What town was that?

imported_SHICKS
04-18-2005, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Intercooled

I`m from NH, What town was that?

Manchester, I moved here from Nashua almost 2 years ago.

http://www.theunionleader.com/articles_showa.html?article=53529

Steve

WrxRob513
04-18-2005, 09:15 PM
That happens to me daily. The worst is when i spot a speck of dried wax around the head/tail lights and i almost feint. :) I need to get over that... really...

WillMax95
04-19-2005, 07:13 AM
i think the worst is when you are sitting in your about to get our or just getting in and the empty suit that gets out of his car next to you, opens his door right into ur car...GRRR

C. Charles Hahn
04-19-2005, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by WillMax95

i think the worst is when you are sitting in your about to get our or just getting in and the empty suit that gets out of his car next to you, opens his door right into ur car...GRRR

Seriously. These types usually are driving cars rented for them by the company they work for. These are vehicles I really wouldn`t care too much about either (aside from not wanting to ride around in a mess) but I would be more consious about other people`s vehicles. Just because someone is in a corporate lease vehicle, doesn`t mean EVERYONE is.

imported_Jinba ittai
04-19-2005, 09:18 PM
One time I was driving by this truck and just as I went to pass it I hear this horrible clattering and see about 5 ROCKS hit the hood and windshield of my car. :shocked :angry I thought for sure the hood was dented and my windshield cracked. I was amazed to see that the windshield was unharmed and I only had one small chip on the fender, not noticeable at all.

I guess they were soft rocks! :D

I was detailing my car`s new paint job the other day and thought I saw a scratch that went down to the primer. I could get my fingernail in it. It`s about 2" long and looked nasty. I buffed it out with some Scratch-X and now with 3 coats of Zaino it`s all but invisible.

But my heart stopped there for a minute! :eek:

hrprem
04-20-2005, 12:17 AM
I still have a scar on my knee from a moment like that.

I was walking back to my car I parked along way away from a car park in a far less traffic car park and noticed a young girl getting into her car next to mine. She was parked pretty close so obviously I was nervous as to how she opened her door. She gets in and I breathe a sigh of relief but only get half way before tripping on a damn median in the driveway I wasnt paying attention walking across and commando rolling my *** on the ground....