PDA

View Full Version : what do u think of this recipe?

Asonyexec
04-18-2005, 04:00 PM
I`m off thursday and there`s no better way to relax than blasting my radio while washing/ polishing my car and sucking down a big gulp. So here is the recipe I am going to try, tell me what you think. I will follow this order:

1. wash & dry

2. Meg`s #80

3. P21s paintwork cleanser

4. AIO

5. either mother`s pure carnuba or meg`s #16

Am I duplicating my efforts here anywhere? Those tiny swirl marks and spiderwebs are driving me nuts so I may hit the thing with #80 twice, at least on the hood, top and trunk. No need to clay as the surface is very smooth already and I`m not into sealers because we don`t get that harsh weather here in CALI and I like detailing the car every 3 months or so. I will be using a PC for most of this work.

In my arsenal I also have MEGs scratchX & sonus paintwork cleaner and the 3M machine glaze so I can substitute some products.

Thanks y`all !!! :D

togwt
04-18-2005, 04:46 PM
3 OR 4 they are both paint cleaners albeit one is a mild abrasive and the other a chemical cleaner with a slight abrasive.

JonM

Mochamanz1
04-18-2005, 07:14 PM
#`s 3 and 4 are duplication, but what a nice duplication ! The AIO might just help with removing some artifacts, or hiding some small defects which otherwise could show. It is like using IP with a chemical FPll, IMO ( the chemical is like a very fine polish) . It doesnt matter as long as you dont remove too much CC. Using both under normal conditions, couldnt hurt. Just sounds like overkill, but it isnt... that prep stage cant be overdone unless, as I stated before, you damage the clear coat. you just might round a few edges you missed with the purely abrasive method. Plus , since you are topping with a Carnauba, bonding over AIO isnt an issue (There is a little controversy with the issue of AIO and polymer affinity) Go ahead and see if it makes a difference. Always good to try new combinations, especially when neither is critical (actually) to the final outcome. In fact., the AIO should give you a modest improvement in durability according to what has been said about its mild polymer content. :xyxthumbs

Asonyexec
04-19-2005, 12:34 AM
got it, either step 3 or 4 but not both, over kill. Thanks for the replies.

03COBRA
04-19-2005, 12:53 AM
I`d skip step No.3 and go with the #16 for desert. (<------Spell check please!)

WrxRob513
04-19-2005, 06:07 AM
Maybe add some show car glaze to finish? but #16 rules too.