PDA

View Full Version : which of these products for metal?

Pages : [1] 2

III
12-09-2004, 03:37 PM
Having no experience with either product I`m debating whether to use Clearkote`s metal polish or Poorboy`s pro-polish for stainless steel, and chrome. Which would you pick?

Woob
12-09-2004, 03:43 PM
Either. But ProPolish for me as it is a very versatile polish

Beemerboy
12-09-2004, 04:37 PM
What is the condition of the metal

I agree that the PP will work on a lot of other applications not just metal

brwill2004
12-09-2004, 05:07 PM
There is a great new product by P21s called polishing soap. It works great on chrome. Basically it is a blend of polishing clay and soap. You wet the supplied sponge, wipe it across the polish/soap, and then squeeze to create a good lather. Polishing is just like cleaning your wheels with soap. When your done, just rinse off the soap and the residue. It is super easy.

Horseman2475
12-09-2004, 05:30 PM
Do you have a link to the P21s Polishing Soap?

brwill2004
12-09-2004, 06:08 PM
Yea I do. This may upset some people, but you can purchase this product at TopoftheLine.com Check under their new product offerings. Just to satisfy some people on this forum, it is also available from Premium Auto Care, which is a sponsor. You happy Antonio Waxer!

Beemerboy
12-09-2004, 07:46 PM
BRWILL

If it is available threw PAC then that`s all you had to say. I know the sponsors that pay to be here do that for a reason. I was sticking up for you on that last thread but that has changed for me now. Your digging yourself a hole here.

awd330
12-09-2004, 09:02 PM
This thread has also gone off-topic. The original question was about Poorboy`s Pro Polish and Clearkote`s Metal Polish. P21S is off-topic. This type of situation was discussed at length in a previous thread - Answering the question (http://www.detailcity.com/showthread.php?t=7752)

III - I cannot give you a direct comparison with the Clearkote product as I have not yet had the opportunity to try it. However, I can offer some comments regarding the use of Poorboy`s Pro Polish on stainless steel and chrome. In fact, it is my product of choice when it comes to cleaning my stainless steel kitchen appliances. I also often use it to clean chrome tail pipes, clear plastic headlight lenses, windshield glass, etc. As Beemerboy said, PP will work on many types of surfaces. It is probably the most versatile automotive detailing product that I have. If you would like a recommendation from someone who has used both products, I would suggest sending a PM to Scott P.

Antonio Waxer
12-09-2004, 09:09 PM
There is a great new product by P21s called polishing soap. It works great on chrome. Basically it is a blend of polishing clay and soap. You wet the supplied sponge, wipe it across the polish/soap, and then squeeze to create a good lather. Polishing is just like cleaning your wheels with soap. When your done, just rinse off the soap and the residue. It is super easy.

There goes the sales pitch again. :nono

Antonio Waxer
12-09-2004, 09:09 PM
Yea I do. This may upset some people, but you can purchase this product at TopoftheLine.com Check under their new product offerings. Just to satisfy some people on this forum, it is also available from Premium Auto Care, which is a sponsor. You happy Antonio Waxer!

Looks like a shill to me.

Antonio Waxer
12-09-2004, 09:16 PM
BRWILL

If it is available threw PAC then that`s all you had to say. I know the sponsors that pay to be here do that for a reason. I was sticking up for you on that last thread but that has changed for me now. Your digging yourself a hole here.

I agree. Certainly the sponsors do not and should not dictate the conversations at Detail City but I think this is a case of the extreme bias that looks fishy.

Nickc0844
12-09-2004, 09:42 PM
Hey guys, lets drop all the drama, I feel like I`m in HS again. Antonio, let it go, it`s not your problem to deal with. IF you think otherwise, talk to Dwayne about it.

As for metal polishing, a dedicated metal polish, or moreso, one made specifically for metal will often times give you better results, and possibly be easier, in the end. Best of luck in your findings.

Antonio Waxer
12-09-2004, 09:45 PM
Hey guys, lets drop all the drama, I feel like I`m in HS again. Antonio, let it go, it`s not your problem to deal with. IF you think otherwise, talk to Dwayne about it.

As for metal polishing, a dedicated metal polish, or moreso, one made specifically for metal with often times give you better results, and possibly be easier, in the end. Best of luck in your findings.

Hey Nick, who made you a moderator? Mind your own business. Why don`t you go talk to Dwayne instead of talking to me?

OI812
12-09-2004, 11:19 PM
Did I hear The Fuzz coming down the hallway. Sounds like an axe dragging on the floor. Can we get back to the topic please.

I haven`t used Poorboys Polish yet, but I would think Nick is on the right path with the dedicated metal polish.

III
12-09-2004, 11:45 PM
Gee, interesting post so far. Before this thread gets locked I want to say thank you for all the input so far. I do appreciate it.