PDA

View Full Version : Order products, want to make sure this will work

Crazy Quattro
04-18-2005, 03:58 AM
Hi guys. After searching this forum for the past few weeks... i went ahead and bought a PC. Im ordering one orange pad, 2 white and 2 black pads for now.

Now for minor swirls, can I use Menzerna Intensive Polish with the white pad then use klasse AIO with the black pad right after? Or do i have to use Menzerna Final Polish II after IP?

:bounce im excited

scottabir
04-18-2005, 04:03 AM
I am assuming that the pads are from LC...yes you can and it will work just fine with the white polishing pad.

You do not HAVE to use FP after IP if the surface looks ready to wax. I suggest you do just because I personally like the look it gives to the paint. The white pad will work for FP also. The black pad will be just fine for applying AIO. Are you going to top the AIO with SG or a carnauba?

Crazy Quattro
04-18-2005, 04:10 AM
Most of the time I top AIO with S100.

Or i use Vanilla Moose then S100 but doesnt seem to last that long. But love the look.

Also thanks for the fast reply, didnt think anyone was crazy enough to be up this late thinking about detailing. :D

Crazy Quattro
04-18-2005, 04:20 AM
fawk it, this is what i just ordered.

1 Porter Cable Flexible Pad Holder 6"

1 Lake Country Pads 6.5" Orange Cutting

2 Lake Country Pads 6.5": 6.5" Pads Black Finishing

2 Lake Country Pads 6.5": 6.5" Pads White Polishing

1 Menzerna Intensive Polish

1 Menzerna Final Polish ll

:shocked :shocked Hope thats good enough for now.

Crazy Quattro
04-18-2005, 04:54 AM
Also i hear that audi has a hard clear coat. Does that mean i will most likely need to use an orange pad to get some of the swirls out?

Guess it all depends on how bad the swirls are?

stevet
04-18-2005, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Crazy Quattro

Also i hear that audi has a hard clear coat. Does that mean i will most likely need to use an orange pad to get some of the swirls out?

Guess it all depends on how bad the swirls are?

No way to tell untill you try. You want to use the least abrasive combo to get the job done. Try FP II and a white pad (probably too mild) and see what results you get. If this doesn`t cut it move up in abrasiveness until you find the combo that works for you. The more you do this the better you will get at understanding what pads/products combo will work for you.

Eliot Ness
04-18-2005, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Crazy Quattro

............this is what i just ordered.

...........1 Porter Cable Flexible Pad Holder 6"

...........1 Lake Country Pads 6.5" Orange Cutting........

When get your pads make sure the 6" backing plate (pad holder) doesn`t extend past the Velcro on the pads. If you don`t have some Velcro extending past the backing plate it can "cookie cut" into the foam. The easy soluton (if the plate is too big/Velcro too small) is to order a 5" backing plate.

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52769&highlight=backing+plate

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53433