PDA

View Full Version : first detail results

horatiub
04-17-2005, 11:02 PM
ok, so today I did my first detail:

wash the car, clay the body and the windows, rinse with water again, then Klasse AIO and SG. I applied the Klasse twins really thin, that I`m wondering if by any chance I use too little that I was supposed to( about a dime size on the app pad for each body panel). Also, I applied the same quantity on the wheels(AIO+SG). I used the WOWO method.

it came out nice I would say, the only thing that upsets me are some spots on my windows, windshield and side mirrors. On the the windows and windshield I did use the clay, but I don`t think that`s the problem. I also used AIO and SG on the windows and back windshield, NOT on the front windshield, I know I`m not supposed to. I also applied a little AIO and SG on the mirrors( Maybe this was wrong???!!!)).

Anyway, at the end, I had water spots all over the mirrors and the windows and windshield. I tried to take them out using Stoners Invisible, but I had no success. The only thing that I might have done wrong today was that when I washed my car , I did not wipe out the windows and the mirrors.

Can anybody suggest how can I take out those spots? They`re really annoying.

I tried with water and MF towel, but nothing.

TW85 HHI
04-17-2005, 11:06 PM
AIO should remove the water spots since they`re still fresh. Clay may also remove them. Final option would be a glass polish such as the one from AutoGlym.

horatiub
04-17-2005, 11:40 PM
so, I should try to clay out those spots. Hmm, I`ll give it a try tomorrow to see if that helps. The thing is that they`re not too fresh, I washed my car over 8 hrs ago, so they`ve been sitting there for a while now:)

horatiub
04-18-2005, 03:26 PM
anybody has any different ideas why this might have hapenned? and how can I clean them? thank you

Eliot Ness
04-18-2005, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by horatiub

anybody has any different ideas why this might have hapenned? and how can I clean them? thank you

Why they happened is an easy one: ".........when I washed my car, I did not wipe out the windows and the mirrors......."

As it has already been suggested try clay and/or AIO on them. If that doesn`t work try some white vinegar or the glass polish TW85 HHI mentioned. You could also try some 0000 grade steel wool with the IG. Make sure it is 0000 grade and use a light touch (try a small area before going over all the glass).

horatiub
04-18-2005, 11:10 PM
okay, thank you, I`ll give it a try and see how it goes.

horatiub
04-18-2005, 11:24 PM
these are some pics that I took today, 24 hrs after I applied the SG.

Tasty
04-18-2005, 11:47 PM
What pics?

horatiub
04-19-2005, 12:11 AM
let me see if it works now.

http://autopia.org/gallery/showgallery.php?ppuser=21171&cat=500&thumb=1

horatiub
04-20-2005, 12:17 AM
http://autopia.org/gallery/showgallery.php?ppuser=21171&cat=500&thumb=1