PDA

View Full Version : My Very First Zaino Experience!!!

Pages : [1] 2

goceltics34
04-17-2005, 10:06 PM
I just finished applying my new Zaino products on my car. I washed with Dawn, although many people think that a dedicated cleaner would be better. I just wanted to follow the directions as closely as possible. I then clayed the entire car with Z18 clay bar. After claying, I washed again to have a nice, clean surface. I then applied a coat of Z2pro with ZFX. I let it dry for about a half an hour and buffed it off. I then applied a coat of the new Z8 on top. My first reaction was mixed. I though the finish looked awesome. But given the fact that my previous finish was AIO topped with UPP x 3, it would be difficult to match the appearance of that combo. I then applied a second coat of Z2 pro topped with yet another layer of Z8. I am very happy with the look of Zaino. I think it is very similar to the look of AIO with UPP. IMO both look excellent. I do feel that AIO with UPP leaves the paint with more slickness than Zaino. Running the back of my hand across the Zaino finish does not feel as slick as the prior combo. Just my opinion. Overall I am very pleased with Zaino and look forward to using it for at least the next few months, or until I get bored.

Here is a picture of AIO topped with UPP x 3.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/dveloz143/IMG_4562.jpg

Here is the same picture with Zaino Z2pro w/ ZFX and Z8, both x 2.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/dveloz143/IMG_5151.jpg

As you can see, they are pretty similar. Here is another picture of Zaino. Sick, sick finish!!!!!!:bow

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/dveloz143/IMG_5166.jpg

Thank you to all that have convinced my to try Zaino. A definite winner!:xyxthumbs

imported_hadboosttroy
04-17-2005, 10:10 PM
looks good :xyxthumbs

just did clay and z2 pro on our tl today too :)

imported_series1
04-17-2005, 10:29 PM
Some good reflection shots! The 2 combos look the same to me. It also looks like in the sun the zaino brings out some flakes.

JasonD
04-17-2005, 10:29 PM
How in the world did you get the EXACT same position and setting as the UPP pic?? LOL. Did you print the UPP pic and move the car inch by inch until it was perfect? Even though I`m laughing, I really do wish more people would do comparisons like this. Usually one pic is in the bright sun and the next is in the evening shade, bad comparison. Yours is perfect. We should all follow.

Great work by the way, the car looks extremely wet.

How did you like application of the Zaino compared to AIO + UPP? Was one easier than the other?

Mad iX
04-17-2005, 10:44 PM
Nice work. UPP is pretty good imo. I`ve yet to try Z2Pro, but I just got it today so I`ll try it soon too.

And definitely nice to see comparison pics like that. Were they taken after the sealants had cured?

goceltics34
04-17-2005, 10:57 PM
I took numerous pictures to make sure that I got a very good comparison shot (over 20 pictures). I finallly compared similar pictures that were a close match.

The application of both combos were pretty similar. I don`t think one was easier than the other. The Z8 was extremely easy to put on and buff off. It took me about 15 minutes to apply and buff the Z8.

As far as curing time, I finished the first coat of Z2pro last night, and applied the second coats this morning. The Zaino picture was taken at around 5:30 pm this evening. I guess that is about 10 hours of cure time. I don`t know if that is enough or not but the car sure looks good.

Thanks for the kind comments!

ZaneO
04-17-2005, 11:37 PM
The second and third coats of Zaino make the most visible difference, IMO. Let them setup for a day or two before you judge slickness.

UPP *may* be more slick than Zaino, but it`s probably due to the oils, and I would imagine the slickness won`t last as long.

Either way, both finishes look fantastic. :)

goceltics34
04-17-2005, 11:45 PM
I am going to put a third coat of both Z2pro and Z8 in a couple of days. Again, I am very, very happy with the look of Zaino and think it is top notch! All the hype about the Zaino system is warranted.

tripper_11
04-18-2005, 03:08 AM
As I have also stated in my Z2 Pro review, you may want to wait a day or two until the product have fully cured. In my experience, the true appearance of Z2 may be unleashed until after it has fully cured. Also, a second and third coat creates a difference (or maybe it`s just me.)

dogma
04-18-2005, 03:48 AM
Cars awesome! Great job.

SilverLexus
04-18-2005, 07:38 AM
Looks terrific! :xyxthumbs

wannafbody
04-18-2005, 08:45 AM
the optical clarity of the reflections (detail) of the UPP shot is amazing-very good work on the photographs as well as the cars

goceltics34
04-18-2005, 09:27 AM
Thanks all. If you really look at the photo`s the UPP photo looks a little more crisp, with more clarity. Now that could just be that the shots were taken on a different day with slightly different lighting. Who knows. Either way, both are great.

I am going to give it a couple days and see if the appearance and/or slickness improve. I will report my thoughs then.

wannafbody
04-18-2005, 12:28 PM
your right-the difference in clarity could be the result of other non product factors:)

termigator
04-18-2005, 01:32 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by goceltics34

[B]Thanks all. If you really look at the photo`s the UPP photo looks a little more crisp, with more clarity.

That was my first thought. The UPP shot looks clearer darker and deeper. I suspect anybody would be just as happy with the way the Z2Pro looks, but if I had to pick one based on your two pictures, UPP would get my vote.