PDA

View Full Version : Detailing New White SUV

clone1008
04-17-2005, 08:01 PM
Hello,

I need some advice. I just bought a new 2004 White Trailblazer. I want to start on a detailing program for this vehicle. I have done a search and now I`m totally confused. I do not have any products at this point. I have read a little on the PC 7424 and different chemicals but have no idea what I need to keep and maintain this vehicle`s new appearance, or even make it better than "new".

Thanks

laefd
04-17-2005, 08:07 PM
I have a Toyota Sequoia, white as well, so good luck@ White is difficult to get a DEEP shine so I go more for a clean, BRIGHT look.

Start, as always, with a good wash then clay. Swirls should not be a problem. I`m a fan of AIO topped with either SG or UPP x2-3...preference is for the SG if you`ve got the time and patience - UPP is definitely "easier" to use but a tad less durability and not as "shiney" of a finish. You should be able to get a good, clean, BRIGHT look with a bit of POP. Don`t forget the tires and wheel wells. I love the look of a big white SUV - especially in the summer sun!

White95Max
04-17-2005, 08:09 PM
wash

clay

polish

cleaner

sealant

wax

Get a PC with some Propel pads.

Microfiber towels (get a dozen of them)

Foam applicators

AIO and UPP is great. My avatar picture to the left is my hood (pearl white) with AIO + UPPx3+Pinnacle Paste Glaz.

J.J.
04-17-2005, 08:52 PM
You need to do alot of reading. The only way you will ever learn is by reading and doing. At this point, you probably feel lost at all the information you read. I would suggest when you have a question, use the search button. There is a ton of stuff on this board that will inform you.

If all else fails search for each of the keyword White95max listed above. You will have plenty to keep you busy. And by all means, when you have read and learned the basic processes and lingo related to your question, come on back here and the members will gladly answer any questions you may have.

I was in your position not to long ago. This is an exciting time for you. Welcome to Autopia!

JJ

C. Charles Hahn
04-17-2005, 08:52 PM
As a basic starting point, I usually point folks toward Meguiars` 3-step Deep Crystal System. It`s about the easiest to work with on the market, and a good place to get comfortable working with detailing products. You might consider substituting some NXT Tech Wax instead of the "Step 3" wax, but aside from that I think it will be a good bet for you. Then if you want to get more adventurous, you can start looking at Meguiars professional line polishes applied via the PC polisher, or Poorboys, and other sealant/wax LSP options. I`m sure others with white vehicles will chime in with good combos.

Hey BTW, if you want other info on your ride I`m a member over at http://www.tbecentral.com -- lots other Trailblazer and Envoy owners (I`ve got a Pewter `02 Envoy) there to discuss detailing, among other things.

(Mods -- delete that link if it is spam, I don`t intend it to be).

clone1008
04-18-2005, 07:19 PM
Bump this up.