PDA

View Full Version : Which Menzerna Products?

imported_series1
04-17-2005, 02:40 PM
Which Menzerna products would you guys reccomend? I was thinking about IP and FP2 or going with PO85RD or PO106. I`m loooking for a polish that can remove scratches and swirls and leave a good finish. Opinions?

ZaneO
04-17-2005, 03:29 PM
I`ve had great success with the IP and FP combination. I haven`t gotten to try the PO products but hear they are great too.

Bill D
04-17-2005, 03:30 PM
If it`s going to be one pair or the other, definitely the "PO twins" :up

ZaneO
04-17-2005, 03:35 PM
Does either PO product have the bite/cut of IP?

Bill D
04-17-2005, 03:41 PM
They work their real magic via rotary, removing defects and leaving behind an incredible finish but IP is rated as a more aggressive product (would need follwing up):

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Deanski

To clear up some things on these two polishes and the other known Menzerna polishes:

PO85RD and PO106 are case quantity only and is a bit pricey. Normally they only sell to dealers/distributors and since it`s not in their current business model to sell direct to a consumer, they will refer sales of the products to online dealers or other sources.

FP and FPII (Micro Polish) work very well with the right tools and technique. IP is one of my favorite swirl removers and Power Gloss is best for compounding finishes as it does not haze a finish as some other compounds/pads. PG is best used for really bad finishes, badly oxidized or marred. It removes 1000 grit sanding size marks. IP will remove 2000 grit sanding marks and FPII (Micro Polish-PO85MC) will remove 2500 grit sanding marks. FP or PO87MF does not remove any listed sanding marks. It`s best as a last finishing polish to burnish a finish to a very high gloss.

PO85RD removes 3000 grit sanding marks and PO106 removes 2500 grit sanding marks. These two are made for fresh OEM-Coatings.

FP and IP is designed for Fresh Repair Coatings and Aged/Weather-Worn/Oxidized Coatings. FPII or (Micro Polish- PO85MC) is used for Fresh-OEM Coatings and Fresh Repair Coatings.

Cut levels on a scale of 1 to 5 with 1 being low and 5 being high.

Power Gloss= Cut 5.0 and Gloss 1.5

Intensive Polish=Cut 3.5 and Gloss 3.0

Final Polish= Cut 1.5 and Gloss 4.0

Final Polish II= Cut 2.0 and Gloss 4.0

PO85RD= Cut 1.5 and Gloss 5.0

PO106= Cut 2.5 and Gloss 5.0

I hope this may answer some questions and application.

Regards,

Deanski

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ZaneO
04-17-2005, 03:48 PM
I knew that was somewhere ;)