PDA

View Full Version : meguairs gold glass wax then carnauba

D4cmaN
04-17-2005, 12:33 PM
is it perfectly fine to use 2 different brand waxes?

i have meugiars gold class wax and i wanted to know if its worth the investment and time to go out and get some carnauba wax to top it off after the meugiars?

what would you recommend? (car is 03 and still fairly new, dark blue in color, factory clear coat). keep in mind only auto stores around here are autozone and kragen. :(

Glossmaster
04-17-2005, 01:34 PM
You certainly can use waxes from different brands. If your looking for wax at your local stores you can try the Mothers Pure Carnauba. If you can find the Meg`s #26 Paste Wax, I`d recommend you use that to top the Gold Class. If you`d like to try a quality carnauba purchased online, Try the P21S or the Pinnacle Souveran!! The Souveran is pricey at almost $70.00 for an 8 oz. jar, but it`s amazing on dark colored vehicles! Autopia was running a 25% off Pinnacle sale ( code word "PINNACLE) but I`m not sure if that promo is still ongoing. Getting Souveran for around $52.50 is a tremendous value!:up

Glossmaster
04-17-2005, 01:39 PM
Also..........Like many of us "Autopians" will tell ya..........The Prep`s the key. You`d be doing yourself & your car a favor if you took the time to wash, clay & polish the paint before to seal/wax it! You can find both the clay & the polish products at Autozone. While we`re at it.......Don`t forget the Quick Detail Spray!

Happy Detailing!!

D4cmaN
04-17-2005, 02:01 PM
is Meg`s #26 Paste Wax a carnauba?

quick detail spray, what is that?

truvette
04-17-2005, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by D4cmaN

is Meg`s #26 Paste Wax a carnauba?

quick detail spray, what is that?

Yes, Meguiar`s #26 is a carnauba blended with other ingredients. It is a very high-quality wax that is available at most auto parts stores. I picked up a can of it about a month or two ago at Autozone for about $5.99.

Quick detail spray is used after washing to give your car that extra "sparkle". It removes most streaks and spots often incurred during the washing process. Some quick detailers contain small amounts of carnauba, which act as a "rejuvenator" to your existing wax protection. It easily gives you that "just waxed look" without having to add another coat of wax.

danwatt
04-17-2005, 03:34 PM
I always just use a paste first, a liquid wax second, and maybe a spray wax afterwards if I really feel like it. Make sure the overlapping waxes aren`t cleaner waxes, or else it will be pointless. I usually use a cleaner wax first unless I used a glaze beforehand.