PDA

View Full Version : To cure or not to cure?

beeste
04-17-2005, 09:42 AM
I am confused by the wax curing advice I have read. Some say not to leave it for long, just doing one panel at a time (for example Souveran). In general is it better to leave the wax for longer or doesn`t it make any difference?

Lowejackson
04-17-2005, 09:47 AM
I guess it depends upon the product. I have not used Souveran so I cannot comment on it but with say Blitz I find it better to leave it for a while before buffing.

With sealants it is a very good idea to wait for bonding

beeste
04-17-2005, 09:52 AM
LoweJackson, I have to agree with you. I do think that the longer I leave a wax the better - tried Souveran for the first time this morning on one panel (over #16) but it started to rain so had to buff off v. quickly. Did notice quite a lot of extra depth but will leave it for longer next time.

White95Max
04-17-2005, 11:46 AM
The curing process is after you`ve removed the excess product. The drying process is the time when you`ve applied it but haven`t removed it yet.

Follow the directions on the container of each product. With things like PG and Souveran, you can wipe on wipe off. Other waxes like Gold Class and NXT I have left on for 8hrs or more.