PDA

View Full Version : What pads to use with Menzenda

03Black1.8t
04-16-2005, 05:36 PM
I have some samples of Power gloss, FP II, and IP. I have a pc and use LC pads. I have a black, orange and 2 white ones. I have used ssr2.5 in the past with a orange pad and was not impressed with the results. This will be going on a 03 vw passat. There are light swirls and a couple scratches.

Do i have to worry about marring with the Menzenda line? What should I work it in speed wise with the pc.

6speedZ
04-16-2005, 06:41 PM
I am sorry I can`t help you with the pads, but I am interested in hearing your thoughts on the SSR2.5. I also would like to hear the results of the Menzerna. I am trying to decide on a Swirl remover for one of my Black cars so please keep me posted. Good Luck!

Edit: Maybe these links might help you.

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53327&highlight=Menzerna+and+pads

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53583&perpage=12&highlight=menzerna%20and%20pads&pagenumber=1

Intercooled
04-16-2005, 07:29 PM
I just used IP with an orange pad on my black car. It worked great. If the swirls are minor I woud try FP. If that doesn`t do it then I would go to IP with a white pad. I first tried the white pad but wasn`t too happy with the results. the orange pad did it for me. It did leave some hazing which I was concerned about. But the FP took them right out and left a nice gloss.

03Black1.8t
04-16-2005, 08:59 PM
thanks guys, I think I need to try the IP on the orange pad. I might tape off my hood and do one side orange pad and one white. But come to think about it the orange pad is not that abrasive. The yellow ( which I dont have ) is. WHen I used SSR 2.5 I used the orange pad. I got pretty good results, but I heard that this Menzenda was great. Plus 1/3 of all car makers over seas use it in there factory like BMW/Mercedes etc.

White95Max
04-16-2005, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by 03Black1.8t

Menzenda...

It`s Menzerna.

03Black1.8t
04-16-2005, 10:39 PM
I wondered how long it was going to take for someone to point it out. But you all know what I was saying.