PDA

View Full Version : what`s the best technique to get paste wax out of tins/jars?

BigAl3
04-15-2005, 10:52 PM
so i was wondering (i want to use just the right amount each time)..... what was the best way/technique to use/get paste wax out of the tin/jars? lay foam pad inside and spin jar, etc...

togwt
04-15-2005, 11:39 PM
Apply a gentle heat (microwave, hair dryer, sun, etc) when paste wax is warm it should `pop` (with a slight pressure to the sides) which will enable you to spread it on the applcator

JonM

BigAl3
04-16-2005, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by TOGWT

Apply a gentle heat (microwave, hair dryer, sun, etc) when paste wax is warm it should `pop` (with a slight pressure to the sides) which will enable you to spread it on the applcator

JonM

benpocock
04-16-2005, 03:00 AM
Just don`t go putting #16 in the microwave for obvious reasons:D

Ben

Don
04-16-2005, 04:48 AM
putty knife...works good to spread it on the PC pads too.

mtwedt
04-16-2005, 02:02 PM
I use Natty`s, which does not have a lip at the top of the jar, as some others do. With each jar, I loosen all around the sides with a thin knife adn then center a 12X12" piece of plastic wrap over it and then turn it upside down. A couple sharp taps and the was round is on the plastic and the jar can be lifted off. Bring the edges of the plastic wrap together and reinsert into the jar, folding the excess on top off the wax round and replace the lid. There is plenty of room in the jar for this. To use, I simply lift the entire round from the jar, and holding the bottom of the plastic covered round, I pull back the plastic to expose the top of the round and do a single circular wipe of the hand applicator pad or the PC finishing pad. I get a nice, even loading of whatever applicator I`m using and maintain an even surface on the the wax round so that the entire product can be used more efficiently