PDA

View Full Version : The true detailing regimen...

Mitchubishievo
04-15-2005, 05:58 PM
Hello everyone,

I`m a newbie to super high end detailing, but I`ve read plenty over the years to know enough. I decided to finally buy Zaino and lots of other expensive detailing products, but I keep reading now that I need to to more before Zaino. I bought 3M Perfect It Swirl Mark Remover, which I consequently learned is a very light abrasive and might not get most of the scratches/swirls out for customer cars. So, to all the gurus here, do I need to use Klasse and Poorboys in conjunction with Zaino to treat the paint before it? I`m asking this because even though $650 has already been spent on LOTS of stuff (Zaino, Pakshak, Souveran, 303 stuff, Craftsman Wet/Dry Vac, etc..), I think I want to take the plunge into the PC world and get a 7424 and all those pads. In conclusion, what else do I need before Zaino to have a swirl free, autopia finish?

imported_Burlyq
04-15-2005, 06:09 PM
You need that machine, pads, and a polish, that`s it. A good polish is menzerna because it doesn`t leave an oily behind. You can always wash after polishing if you want.

sQuashed
04-15-2005, 07:55 PM
And the 3M PIII RC(05933) and the MG(05937) leave no oils and work outstanding.

Mitchubishievo
04-15-2005, 08:28 PM
Well Zaino is the polish I already have, but I`ve seen quite a bit of threads with Klasse AIO being put on before putting the Zaino polish on top. From what you guys have said I can infer that now all I need is better rubbing compounds?