PDA

View Full Version : Black OXO Wash Brush

k80
04-15-2005, 10:19 AM
I recently detailed a car and used my OXO Wash Brush. The under side of one of the sills must have been covered in tar as my OXO Wash Brush is now black. I allways use the two bucket method but the brush would not rinse clean. Once home I tried again to rinse the brush clean using a APC but with no luck, the brush still remains black. Im now worried of using the brush on my car incase it will damage the paintwork.

What else can I try to clean the brush and will it be ok to use even though it is black?

AndyC_1
04-15-2005, 10:38 AM
I had the same problem with my Oxo tyre brush - one use and it was dark grey. Not too bothered though as it`s only used for tyres. I tried APC+ and ````` without success.

imported_hadboosttroy
04-15-2005, 10:42 AM
i had that happen with my oxo wash brush once. not as bad as yours, but i left it in a bucket with the about 1 inch of the brush soaking in simple green. left it there for about a week (forgot about it :)) and it washed clean. you could try a tar remover on it, or goo-gone or something?

Nick M
04-15-2005, 10:46 AM
My OXO wash brush has since become grey with use, so after use, I spray an amount of diluted APC+ onto the bristles and let soak in for a bit.

I then lay an old (clean and dry) terry style towel out on the floor and repeatedly scrub the brush over the towel surface. A few passes of this (and further applications of APC+) and the bristles gain their `near` as new appearance.

I have done the same with the wheel brush, which gets dirty very quickly.