PDA

View Full Version : Well Experienced detailers: after much research- Please check my final process

mystickid
04-14-2005, 10:59 PM
After 3 great, wisdom and knowledge filled months of detailing exposure, I`m going ahead with my final detail process for my 98` Jet Black Toyota Camry. But, once again before I proceed, I`d like to humbly ask the Pro detailers to just quickly make sure my steps are correct.

Here it is:

1) Duragloss car wash (2 bucket method)

2) Clay- (Clay Magicâ„¢)

3) Quick Duragloss Car Wash -(Dry via (WW MF)

4) 3M Perfect-it machine Glaze (05933) ---->If too mild then 3M PI-III RC (05937) Both via PC 7424 BTW propel pads

5) AIO 2x Via PC

6) Klasse SG 3x each coat 24 hrs. apart -- via PC

7)NXT Tech Wax (paste can) Via PC

8) S100 via hand- and removing via hand ( concours buffing towel)

( For winter-- Collinite 915, Marque D`elegance)

that`s it.

I am so eager to se my results.

Drop me a line Pros. Thanx for the check! & super Dooper thanx to Autopia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bounce :xyxthumbs

White95Max
04-14-2005, 11:08 PM
Looks fine to me. I would probably skip the NXT though, if you`re going to put S100 on anyway.

mystickid
04-14-2005, 11:30 PM
Thanx White95Max

I was thinking that NXT serves as a great polymer base wax for a more pure carnauba. To get the best of both worlds basically. The durability + deep wet gloss.

I wanna deep wt look but with the peace of mind of something durable in the mix, any opinions???

White95Max
04-14-2005, 11:49 PM
The SG definitely represents the "something durable in the mix". You said that you plan to do 3 layers of SG and then the wax. I would just do your plan like this...

Clay

3M MG or RC

AIOx2 (x2 may not really add anything)

SGx3

S100

maybe S100 again after a day or two.

You could add the NXT paste in there, but it would likely clean off some of the SG.

Whatever process you follow, post some pics afterward so the rest of us can see the results. :)

Anthony O.
04-15-2005, 07:28 AM
It`s overkill.

There is no beneficial result to al the steps you are taking, cept satisfying your own personal preferences.

You can drop the layers of SG and AIO, drop the NXT also and just do 1 layer of AIO and 1 of SG and then if need be top it with S100 about 24 hours later.

Speaking from an enthusiast mind set more layers might be fun, speaking from a professional mind set, they are pretty much useless.

Anthony

mystickid
04-15-2005, 08:43 AM
Thanx Anthony Orosco--- I shall hees your wise advice.

However, gained the assumption through reading throughiut the forums that the 2nd coat of AIO is not really to top off for an even better look, rather its to make sure that I didn`t miss any spots. However, i do see your point, i should just make sure the first time that I don`t miss any spots.

Aslo, I hear that more layers of SG = more durability and gloss, is this not true?? living in Chi-town, i`ll need all the durability i can get.

I wanna souveran type of deep wet look from the S100 (if it performs so) but I hear that it doesn`t perform so well in the durability department. maybe its better to get megs #26, I hear its very caomparable to the S100.

I need some pointers...

Anthony O.
04-15-2005, 09:20 AM
Mystic,

If you want durability then try some Collinite paste wax on top of the SG.

As for the layers, the jury is still out on that and will most likely always be like asking "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?"

In all reality, how many Autopians leave their cars finish alone for 3 months? I mean everyone seems to be putting wax or sealants on their cars every 2 months, monthly or even weekly, in some cases. To me durability is a secondary issue as my clients cars are getting re-waxed at least every 6 weeks (weekly for those getting an Optimum wipe down).

Take care,

Anthony