PDA

View Full Version : How should I clean the NAV system with touch sensitive screen?

opass
04-14-2005, 06:58 PM
I am thinking to use Plexus / Meg plastic cleaner with mf towels.

zainoshine
04-14-2005, 07:14 PM
I simply use a dry (for regular cleaning) or slightly damp (for spots, anything out of the ordinary) microfiber towel on ours and it works fine. I suppose those products would work well too, although I like to go with the most gentle method possible.

JaCkaL829
04-14-2005, 07:34 PM
I think Carl hit it on the head. Thats what I would do if I had navigation ;)

l33
04-14-2005, 07:43 PM
I`m not sure if those products would work on a LCD screen. I have a spray that comes with an MF to clean my laptop. It works great, removes all smudges.

http://www.monstercable.com/productPage.asp?pin=2350

its available in CompUSA.

BoxsterCharlie
04-14-2005, 10:22 PM
I use plexus and mf, as you thought, on my non-touch screen Nav, and also my PC LCD panel. It seems very mild and a nice treatment.

BTW, plexus on your instrument panel rocks!

HumSki
04-14-2005, 11:26 PM
Lowrance GPS systems instruct you to use a 50% Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol and 50% water mixture to clean their screens. I found this to work very well on all types of screens such as computers and TV screens.

imported_truzoom
04-15-2005, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by HumSki

Lowrance GPS systems instruct you to use a 50% Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol and 50% water mixture to clean their screens. I found this to work very well on all types of screens such as computers and TV screens.

I second that! Cheap and effective! The alcohol helps to dissolve the oils, so you don`t have to put pressure on something that is already quite sensitive.

silkman
04-15-2005, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by HumSki

3M makes wet wipes (individually packed) with isopropyl alcohol - very handy for that.

benpocock
04-15-2005, 02:45 AM
I use an alcohol based cleaner (or a 1:1 ISA/water mix) with a camera lens cleaning cloth (read ultra fine MF) or an Oakley sunglass bag.

Ben