PDA

View Full Version : I thought I`d share my experiences with the PC..

Josh
12-08-2004, 06:30 AM
Yes it was my first time using one yesterday.

(pauses to wait for gasping to stop)

I used the sonus DAS pads and basically tried to remember what I`d read on here as to what to do.

I was working on a 91 white diesel mercedes that had oxidized paint and what looked like either overspray or dirt particles caked in all throughout it. (the claybar took it out)

I think I really did learn alot about the PC while doing this, as a few questions i had IE: "will the PC work the product all the way in and out like a rotary" or "from what setting to what should I go to" I had answered myself after a few panels.

I did get some pretty good gloss back in the paint, but i can`t toot the horn too much because i don`t have a digital camera to take pics and show you guys with.

I was happy with the PC`s performance, but i think i may like the rotary more because of the speed.

I`m not sure yet.

Oh well, sorry if this is one of those "worthless without pics..." threads.

Just wanted to share some experiences! :bigups

kimwallace
12-08-2004, 09:30 PM
Thanks for sharing.
I bought a PC about a year ago and I like it, but a rotary is definitely a lot faster.
I usually use the PC for the final polish and to apply sealants.

Josh
12-08-2004, 10:18 PM
Thanks for sharing.
I bought a PC about a year ago and I like it, but a rotary is definitely a lot faster.
I usually use the PC for the final polish and to apply sealants.
do you work the sealant all the way into the paint or do you leave a residue to buff out?

kimwallace
12-08-2004, 10:21 PM
For a sealant like UPP or NXT ... you want to just apply it to get a thin coating, just like if you were applying it by hand. So yes, you want a residue to wipe off.

tubafeak
12-09-2004, 03:08 PM
It`s all good josh, I only have an orbital from somewhere I can`t remember. I`m waiting for christmas, found an inexpensive pneumatic rotary and I`ve asked for an air compressor that can handle it for a gift. I do plan to get a PC once the next paycheck comes in.