PDA

View Full Version : Looking To Top UPP With A Wax That Does NOT Contain Cleaners.

Offender_Mullet
04-14-2005, 11:52 AM
I`m looking to top my 5 coats of U.P.P. with a wax that does NOT contain cleaners.

I`d prefer a polymer/synthetic wax, but most of them to contain cleaners. Any reccommendations?

I`m not to keen on carnaubas, because I`m going for durability more than looks.....but if most of you are going to say "use a carnauba", would Pinnacle Souverän be a good choice?

Also, I have the Four Star Ultimate Gloss Enhancer QD spray. Now, would this be used ONLY with U.P.P.? So.....if I buy the Souverän, would using their Crystal Mist Carnauba Quick Shine be a better choice?

Oh, the headache! :(

Spilchy
04-14-2005, 12:03 PM
For a durable wax that has no cleaners and is not a carnuaba I`d go with Collinite Insulator Wax.

You can not go wrong.

Souveran would be an awesome choice if you want a carnauba! But if you need durability w/ awesome looks and no cleaners in a carnauba, go with Blitz or #16 orNattys or P21s.

Those are my suggestions in my order of durability as I have experienced.

JaredPointer
04-14-2005, 01:10 PM
You certainly don`t have to top UPP with anything, but I have found that topping with Paste Glaz doesn`t tend to sacrifice any slickness in the feel. It also looks very good. I`m not sure just how durable the Paste Glaz is however.

goceltics34
04-14-2005, 02:20 PM
Why do you want to top UPP with anything? The shine and wettness it gives after several coats is unbelievable! I wouldn`t top it.

imported_pugoman
04-14-2005, 02:51 PM
I`ve always thought that it wasn`t worth topping UPP... until a couple of weekends ago, when I decided to top it with Natty`s - I was extremely pleased with the outcome!

MongooseGA
04-14-2005, 03:14 PM
Five coats of UPP. Unless you want a different looks, I think you have your durability part done.

TW85 HHI
04-14-2005, 03:55 PM
Souveran works nicely with UPP and it looks great on silver.

White95Max
04-14-2005, 04:32 PM
Paste Glaz

Nattys

Souveran

P21S / S100

Take your pick.

Mad iX
04-14-2005, 07:15 PM
If you`re happy with the look of UPP and you just want durability, keep topping it with UPP.

All the carnaubas listed are good choices too, Souveran would look good but not really known for durability.

RJJ
04-15-2005, 07:23 AM
Griots `Best of Show` wax has no cleaners and no `sillycones` but it is carnauba-and a very good one at that; as far as this type of product goes I believe it to be amoung the finest. Very durable and easy to use, it has been a few years since I used it-Klasse!!-but I do not recall having any staining on textured black plastic at all, but again I don`t recall exactly.

I have extensive experience with it and can recommend it without reservation.

imported_Intel486
04-15-2005, 11:51 AM
Any wax is going to have some "cleaning" ability do to the solvents they use to make it so you can actually apply the wax to your paint. I`d go with pretty much any quality paste wax as they`ll have a lower concentration of solvents over a liquid.

Offender_Mullet
04-17-2005, 04:19 PM
JaredPointer, goceltics34, MongooseGA, Mad iX, I`m beginning to think you guys are right. I`m on coat #6 and it gets better with every coat. I`m sure going more than 5 coats won`t do anyting protection-wise, but after everytime you put one on, you want to add another.

pugoman, exactly what were the results?

RJJ, I`ve heard good things about Griot`s products. I`ll definitely try it, if I get bored with UPP.