PDA

View Full Version : Reusing PC pads with same products only?

HilfigerCelica
04-14-2005, 12:02 AM
If I was using a pad with product #1 then wash in a bucket and wring dry, can I use the same pad next week with product #2? Or should I always use product #1 with the same pad?

randomman84
04-14-2005, 12:14 AM
it depends on the product but its always good practice and a good idea to only use 1 product per pad.

You wouldn`t want to use say green pad A for ssr3 then go and wash it and use it for ssr 1. You can never really get all the product out of the paint and you would just be hurting yourself by doing so. IMHO

chevyguy28
04-14-2005, 02:22 AM
Most of my polishes seem to wash completely out of the pad can be reused with other products, no problem. Maybe if I were presented with a new pad then I could tell the difference, but I`ve been using a different products on the same pad for a while, and haven`t noticed any negative effects.

There are exceptions with certain products staining the pad, but if the product leaves the pad clean and fresh after cleaning I don`t see the problem.

Lots of people have only two or three general polishing pads, but four or five polishes that might go well with that particular grade of pad. It would be unecessary to have five different pads no?

- J

benpocock
04-14-2005, 03:04 AM
I wash my pads and use them with watever product I need to - simply because it`s so uneconomical not to do so. Considering I usually use two pads per polish per car, that would mean I`d need to keep 6 pads just for SSR 1, 2 and 3. If I applied the same theory to every product I have that I apply by machine, I`d need hundreds of the damn things!

Ben

imported_Denzil
04-14-2005, 03:40 AM
If you`re just starting out, I would just stick to two or three polishing pads. If you have the extra money, just buy another pad along with your new line of product. It`s all really comes down to preference.

sQuashed
04-14-2005, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by BenP

I wash my pads and use them with watever product I need to - simply because it`s so uneconomical not to do so. Considering I usually use two pads per polish per car, that would mean I`d need to keep 6 pads just for SSR 1, 2 and 3. If I applied the same theory to every product I have that I apply by machine, I`d need hundreds of the damn things!

Ben

:werd:

White95Max
04-14-2005, 06:43 AM
I use the same pad for various products if they are very similar. I have used SSR3, SSR2.5, and IP on the same pad without even washing it.

If I am done for the day, I always wash every pad I used right away. After it dries, it`s fair game for any product of the proper aggressiveness for that pad.

HilfigerCelica
04-14-2005, 09:33 AM
I`ve had my PC for 1.5 years now and I`ve always suck with one product per pad but it`s starting to become uneconomical

with my aresenal expanding like most of you autopians here.

So I guess I`ll starting washing them real good by hand and then using other products with the same pads.

Pats300zx
04-14-2005, 10:14 AM
I just make sure that my pads are very clean after each use. If I were to dedicate one pad for each product I have I would be broke.