PDA

View Full Version : What products for Red Corvette Detail coming up

scrub
04-13-2005, 07:22 PM
Hey folks

I have a red Vette exterior detail coming up this weekend. I need some product advice. It`s an 01 with factory paint and light swirls. I`ve heard vette paint is kind of hard, making swirl removal difficult with the PC.

I have PBs:

SSR 2.5 (never used)

SSR 1 (never used)

PwC (used twice great results)

PP (never used)

EX (never used)

EX-P (used twice great results)

QD (never used)

I also have Meguiar`s

NXT

ColorX

#21 Synthetic Sealant

MPPC

In addition to:

Klasse AIO/SG (SG never used)

Liquid Glass (never used I have seen on red though and its great)

S100 (never used)

RainX Wax

My plan was to get the swirls was using the PC with #80 (to start), #83 (if needed), maybe AIO, #7, and topped with #21 or NXT (I could run and get more #26).

I would really like to try the SSR 2.5 but want some more time with it first.

My alternate plan was using the PC with SSR 2.5, SSR 1, PP (not too sure, heard there is a learning curve) or AIO, top with EX-P.

Application will be with PC for polishes and maybe by hand for LSP. I`m in a crunch for time and the owner of the car has a car show the next day. I`m wanting something that will POP. Most of my experience is with the Meguiar`s line.

Any help would be great. Thanks!

scrub
04-14-2005, 05:10 PM
OK OK no replies with respect to product help.

How bout can any one speak about using the PC on speed 6? What products to avoid with the speed set at 6?

Any one please?

LDPaul
04-14-2005, 05:15 PM
I do a lot of vets and if the paint is not bad, then I would recommend #80, then some glaze on top of that to really deapen the color, then top it with NXT. You can do it in two steps, but my customers want a deep shine so that is why I go three steps. I would not recommend a PC on 6 - try 4 which works the polish/glaze in real good. Show some pics when you get it done.

LDPaul
04-14-2005, 05:17 PM
If the paint is bad and has road rash, I would recommend #83, then #80, and top with NXT. Of course this is after it is clayed since there is road rash. Hope this helps!

scrub
04-14-2005, 05:17 PM
First off thanks for the reply and help!!

The #80, #7, #21 was a plan, very similar to what you said. Last year the LSP would have been NXT.

Thanks again. Your plan is how I`m leaning.

scrub
04-14-2005, 05:19 PM
Road rash? There is minor rock damage around the bottom of the car. Not much I can do about that (at least I don`t think).

Yes it does help. Thank you.

imported_Burlyq
06-05-2005, 02:06 PM
Yeah scrubby,

I would definetly use the megs combo before the Poorboy`s. If you want pop just use the megs combo and top it with s100 or some pink. BTW, even if I was a scrub, I don`t think I`d be admitting it publicly, lol.:D

Thomas Dekany
06-05-2005, 05:23 PM
this was 83/80/nxt :up

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/tdekany/tn_117_1740.jpg