PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a carport?

Blackmirror
04-13-2005, 07:10 PM
Well I turned my garage into a gym so now I gotta detail the truck outside. I have a carport to install and wanted to know if any of you have one and your experiences with installing and maintaining it, securing it to the grass or concrete. Pics would help too!

General Lee
04-13-2005, 07:18 PM
Got one! Mine is 18 x 20 and it is the steel/aluminum kind. In my area you always see them advertised on the side of the road or at a place of buisness. You can get them in a variety of colors to match your house also. If your not sure what I`m talking about I may be able to find you a link. They attached it to my asphalt driveway with 2ft re-bar with a nut welded on the end to stop it from going throught he hole on the base piece. They just drove it through with a sledge hammer until it punctured the asphalt then sunk in the ground. I love it, provides alot of shade and helps keep the cars a bit cleaner from "light" rains.

I didn`t install it, but I had it a year and have done no maintenance.

Blackmirror
04-13-2005, 07:48 PM
I just have a regular carport. 10x20. I wish I had one of the steel ones so that way I don`t have to remove it come winter time. Got any pics of your carport?

General Lee
04-13-2005, 07:59 PM
Not at the moment, but I`ll get a pic up ASAP