PDA

View Full Version : will Eagle One QD strip SG?

balty6969
04-13-2005, 03:40 PM
Hey guys.

I just got done washing, claying, #80, AIO X2, SG x1..

I don`t plan on doing another coat of SG until tomorrow, but in the meantime, I will be driving the car.

I won`t be driving much, but I definately want the surface to be clean before I add another coat of SG. Instead of washing the entire car, can I QD with Eagle One?. I bought Eagle One based on the feedback on this forum, and although I heard it`s the most universal QD over the counter, I want to know if applying it will give my second coat of SG bonding issues.

Thanks!!.

wannafbody
04-13-2005, 03:49 PM
QD`s are mostly water so i doubt it would hurt the SG but it would probably be safer to make sure you get all the dirt off the surface by washing-at least thats my opinion

imported_MCA
04-13-2005, 04:02 PM
Hey balty,

I have used EO`s WWS over SG w/o any negative impacts on SG`s durability and layering ability (does not contain carnauba or silicone). This is actually what makes EO fairly popular on the board --> broad compatibility, easy to find and very inexpensive.

I do agree to an extent with fbody regarding washing the car. If you have driven the car/truck anywhere, I would wash the car before applying another layer (just to be safe). However, if your vehicle has remained in the garage since you buffed off the last application of SG, then a QD wipe is all that`s needed (removes the minute amount of dust that may have settled).

I hope this helps,

MCA

Soarer V
04-13-2005, 07:43 PM
I do agree to an extent with fbody regarding washing the car. If you have driven the car/truck anywhere, I would wash the car before applying another layer (just to be safe).

Yes, when in doubt wash it. :up

balty6969
04-13-2005, 09:43 PM
sounds good.. I will wash it.

At least I know EO`s WWS is SG friendly!.

Thanks guys!!