PDA

View Full Version : Two part ? pads and glass cleaning with Autoglym

trueblueblood
04-13-2005, 10:35 AM
I came across some old PC pads that I never cleaned they are probably been there for 4-5 months or so :o. They had DACP and VM on them.

Can these be soaked,scrubbed and reused on the paint if not how about for glass or plastic cleaning or something?

Also I applied Autogly glass polish to my windshield by hand and got OK results, was thinking that by PC would be better what pad should I use and what method to work it, I will be using excel and old LC pads?

Thanks for any help

D3mon
04-13-2005, 10:57 AM
Did you use the AG Fast Glass first, before the Glass Polish? That can improve the final finish.

I would probably use a high-density pad (like the Sonus DAC Orange) but I`m no expert on pads yet

togwt
04-13-2005, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by true blue blood

I came across some old PC pads that I never cleaned they are probably been there for 4-5 months or so :o. They had DACP and VM on them.

Can these be soaked,scrubbed and reused on the paint if not how about for glass or plastic cleaning or something?

Also I applied Autogly glass polish to my windshield by hand and got OK results, was thinking that by PC would be better what pad should I use and what method to work it, I will be using excel and old LC pads?

Thanks for any help

·Apply a quarter (coin) size amount of Autoglym Car Glass Polishâ„¢ or Iz Einzette Glas Polish to a damp cutting / polishing foam pad (LC Orange or White) attached to a Porter Cable random orbital buffer set at speed # 4.

Apply to half of the windshield, polishing first in an up and down motion then in a left-to-right motion and then repeat on the other side, proceed to other glass surfaces.

JonM

trueblueblood
04-13-2005, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by TOGWT

·Apply a quarter (coin) size amount of Autoglym Car Glass Polishâ„¢ or Iz Einzette Glas Polish to a damp cutting / polishing foam pad (LC Orange or White) attached to a Porter Cable random orbital buffer set at speed # 4.

Apply to half of the windshield, polishing first in an up and down motion then in a left-to-right motion and then repeat on the other side, proceed to other glass surfaces.

JonM

Thanks Jon

:xyxthumbs

Zach

trueblueblood
04-16-2005, 11:36 AM
Well I had clayed my windows with Quikshine but that didn`t seem to cut it, gonna use Clear Vision as my lube next time. I had tried to use Autogly glass polish with a microfiber applicator did okay. I noticed I have some fine scratches in my glass on the outside, don`t know if it was the polish or the claying, I wasn`t using up and down motions:o, I know better now!

Will the PC and Autoglym fix this?

Thanks

togwt
04-17-2005, 10:15 PM
Autoglym Glass Polish will usually remove fine scratches in glass, you may have to go over it more than once (glass is a very hard surface)

JonM