PDA

View Full Version : Red NSX with PC leaves paint on pads

txtony
04-13-2005, 07:59 AM
I am fortunate enough to be a new owner of a 95 Formula Red NSX. However, the detailing process has not been too successful. After washing, drying with MF towels, then using the clay bar, I started with Menzerna IP and an orange pad. After doing this two times (using progressively higher speeds), I moved to Menzerna FP (also with orange pad). Next, I used the buffing pad with AIO. I still have a slight haze on the trunk lid that will not come out completely (under indoor garage lighting). Have only done the trunk lid and a fender so far. Also, to my amazement, the pads became somewhat red. The paint seems to be original so I would expect the clearcoat to still be there.

What could be causing the haze and why am I getting paint on the pads? By the way, temperature was about 65 with no humidity.

Thanks

C. Charles Hahn
04-13-2005, 08:26 AM
I don`t think acura used clearcoat paints until later into the 90s; you may very well have single stage paint. The haze could just be that you`re not working in the products long enough -- I find that single stage paint requires more working time to completely dissolve oxidation/etc.

SpoiledMan
04-13-2005, 08:36 AM
The paint transfer is likely coming from the tinted clear that is on the Honda/Acura red cars of that era.