PDA

View Full Version : Best Leather Conditioner and Cleaner

Pages : [1] 2 3

imported_Burlyq
04-12-2005, 03:15 PM
Who has the best leather products out of these co`s? And feel free to comment on other companies leather products.

imported_Blake
04-12-2005, 03:26 PM
I like Lexol products and have used them for years. They are readily available, reasonably priced and have given me very good results. Whatever you choose don`t go too heavy with any product and don`t use too frequently.

Richt
04-12-2005, 03:32 PM
I like the 1z Leather Care ( Not in poll) as it cleans and conditions in one and does not impart any added smell. It leaves a factory look apperance and is not slippy or oily.

I also like Z10, apperance is like the 1z but it seems to leave the leather a little more soft and supple. Not impressed by the smell.

If I had to pick on Id go with the 1z.

I am alternating monthly now one then the other when doing my monthly leather care. Weekly maintence is a damp Mf.

I used to be a big fan of the AG leather pair, the cleaner works well on soiled leather, but have had problems off late getting and even finish with the cream, Some bits dry matt, some glossy, it also is slightly greasy compared to the 1z and Zaino.

imported_Burlyq
04-12-2005, 03:36 PM
I like Z9 and Z10, they are pretty hard to beat for ease of use and results. But if the leather is in bad shape I like leatherique for sure. I buy it by the gallon, it turns cheap hard leather into nice soft leather. If you buy it buy the gallon it is also very economical, but talk about high shipping rates, sheesh. But for the weekend warrior who doesn`t need a lake full of product, z9&10.

http://www.leatheriqueorder.com/salespage.asp

AlexRuiz
04-14-2005, 10:21 AM
I assume you have already used Lexol. I have found mothers 2-step to be better than lexol. I will try the new mothers reflections one-step. I noticed you have GLARE in your arsenal of LSPs. Why don`t you give the GLARE leather and vinyl protectant a try? It is a one step, but it performs admirably for a one step, and long term durability seems to be its letter of presentation. PM and I can send you a sample if you want.

imported_kgb
04-14-2005, 10:31 AM
What about Four Star?

LamboJay
04-14-2005, 10:31 AM
I use Leatherique on my Diablo, daily driver and my Harleys. Even used it on an old riding jacket. Great stuff!! Much easier to work with than the `creams` and has a good smell.

milani
04-14-2005, 03:42 PM
I voted for Lexol, for their cleaner, but I like Z`s Leather in a bottle for a conditioner...Nice matte finish, and I love the smell!

trueblueblood
04-14-2005, 04:44 PM
For conditioner I have used Z10 and nothing else but I gotta say I love it not greasy or shiny and has an awesome smell, can`t go wrong. I use the Z9 for clenaing and does what its supposed too, but will probably use woolite and water next time:xyxthumbs !

stevet
04-14-2005, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Blake

I like Lexol products and have used them for years. They are readily available, reasonably priced and have given me very good results. Whatever you choose don`t go too heavy with any product and don`t use too frequently.

Where are you buying Lexol from?

SVR
04-15-2005, 05:27 AM
Good condition cleaner - optimum protectant plus

It leaves a nice matte finish and works on both vinyl and leather but doesn`t pack the punch on really stained leather

Terrible condition cleaner - Four Star gel, autoglym leather and trim care

Could go on for ever and ever though

All the autopian brands are great, I am going to test 1Z`s products soon.

For a really black or rich finish to leather and vinyl, use any vinyl or leather cleaner first and then finish off with a coat of Wolfgang black diamond tire gel.

Did a 1983 porsche 911`s black leather with optimum and black diamond and results were tremendous

Customer was really happy

Does anyone use lanolin by itself to condition leather. I`ve got a 5 litre container of it and may give it a go.

imported_Burlyq
04-15-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by kgb

What about Four Star?

I wanted to put 11 items in but you can only put 8. I also wanted to include Armoralls Leather Products and Turtle Wax`s leather stuff. Anyhow, that`s why I specified that all comments are welcome.

imported_kgb
04-15-2005, 03:07 PM
Cool deal! I vote for Four Star. ;)

imported_Burlyq
04-15-2005, 03:12 PM
I tried to edit poll but it will only let mods. So if Dookie or Bill D will help out I would switch Wolfgang`s with 4*. Since Wolf only has one vote and two people have already said they like 4*.

imported_SHICKS
04-15-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by milani

I voted for Lexol, for their cleaner, but I like Z`s Leather in a bottle for a conditioner...Nice matte finish, and I love the smell!

Same here

Steve