PDA

View Full Version : AIO & quick detailing ?

01986S
04-12-2005, 11:46 AM
I read on Klasse site that AIO can be used as a QD. Dilute 2 to 3 oz in 16 oz bottle. If AIO is a cleaning product would`nt using it this way remove the SG (or OGB if used over SG) ???????????????????????

TortoiseAWD
04-12-2005, 12:46 PM
Apparently, the cleaners in AIO are diluted enough in the mix that they don`t affect the layer of SG, but are still strong enough to clean surface dirt. I`ve done this before with decent results, but I added a small amount of AIO to some Poorboys Spray & Wipe rather than using plain water. The concoction seemed to have a more cleaning power than S&W by itself, and left a very slick surface behind. This wasn`t over SG, btw . . . I don`t even recall what sealant I happened to have on the car at the time (it was experimentation season).

You could mix up a small amount, and use it only on a fender or trunk for a while until you can tell if it`s adversely affecting your sealant.

FWIW,

Tort

MongooseGA
04-12-2005, 01:44 PM
Cool, never knew you could do this. :up:

Originally posted by TortoiseAWD

\ (it was experimentation season).

You mean Winter :D ;)

BTW, I can`t figure out what the heck your avatar is.

TortoiseAWD
04-12-2005, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by MongooseGA

Cool, never knew you could do this. :up:

You mean Winter :D ;)

BTW, I can`t figure out what the heck your avatar is. Nope, warm weather. I usually fall back on a durable sealant during winter, but try anything and everything I can get my hands on during warmer weather. Seems like I rarely have the same LSP on the car for more than a few weeks in the summertime.

My avatar means "Trunkmonkey inside!": http://www.trunkmonkey.com/

Tort

MongooseGA
04-12-2005, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by TortoiseAWD

My avatar means "Trunkmonkey inside!": http://www.trunkmonkey.com/

Tort

Ah, I think I see it now. The really long thin line is the tail, and the dark lines are the actual body, right?

For the longest time, I thought it was a [sex organ] with some dirt on it or something...:rolleyes: