PDA

View Full Version : Small WW`s...opinions?

Setec Astronomy
04-12-2005, 08:57 AM
I`ve noticed that some are offering small waffle weave towels (smaller than the usual small 16x24). Poorboy has one that is 12x24, that he suggests for drying close to the ground or for QD`ing. Pakshak has a 16x16 that they call a glass towel.

I think 16x24 is fine for close-to-the-ground drying, and I would be hesitant about using a WW for QD`ing (would want something more plush, unless I was just QD`ing for water spots), but I`m intrigued by a smaller WW for glass cleaning. The price on the two small ones I mentioned seems a little high for the size of the towel.

Anyone use these or have opinions on the topic?

Bill D
04-12-2005, 09:00 AM
If you park your car on a clean mat or tarp, there isn`t as much worry if the ww mf contacts the ground.

tom p.
04-12-2005, 09:15 AM
I`ve got a couple sets of small waffle weaves purchased from David. Purple towels and a light grey towel - - they are terrific.

I find I use one standard WW and do my final walk around with one of the small towels - - this is a perfect solution for me.

EBPcivicsi
04-12-2005, 09:34 AM
I have 10 16X24`s that I use regularly. I use them to remove polish, QD, and clean glass. I got them on sale from premium. I really like the using the ww as opposed to terry. The ww is less likely to drag when removing stubborn polish residue or when cleaning glass. Of course with the new GC duofiber towel I will no longer be using ww`s on glass.

I have also NOT seen maring when using the ww`s as opposed terry MF.

Wasatch
04-12-2005, 09:45 AM
I will be getting some of those glass MF WW from Pakshak.

wannafbody
04-12-2005, 10:24 AM
i got a couple of 12x24 WW from target and they work well and are easy to handle-the fine chamois style yelow MF at walMart works well for glass too

Wasatch
04-12-2005, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by wannafbody

i got a couple of 12x24 WW from target and they work well and are easy to handle-the fine chamois style yelow MF at walMart works well for glass too

I did not know target sold WWs.

FryeBaby
04-12-2005, 11:16 AM
I have about six or eight of the small WW from PakShak. I use them to clean glass. They work great and I purchased more with my recent order to PakShak. I have no trouble with streaks and the WW cleans the glass really well. Wes

the other pc
04-12-2005, 11:40 AM
TOL sells 16x16 WW as a "glass towel" too. They do work great on glass but I use them for drying. Two will easily dry a MINI.

I find that MF or PVA "chamois" leave a little water once they saturate. One of them and a single 16x16 WW will easily dry a large car/mid SUV.

PC

mtwedt
04-12-2005, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by tom p.

I`ve got a couple sets of small waffle weaves purchased from David. Purple towels and a light grey towel - - they are terrific.

I find I use one standard WW and do my final walk around with one of the small towels - - this is a perfect solution for me. I do the same with my small ones. Great for drying those smaller finished areas without dragging on anything. Mine came with the larger towels for general drying. I`m not sure I would have purchased them specifically. Never thought of using them on windows. Will have to give it a try. I`ve been very happy with the 100% cotton "huck" type towels from WC for glass

MongooseGA
04-12-2005, 05:19 PM
I use to small ones to dry the little drops from opening/closing the door after washing, and the inner portions of the engine bay, trunk, gas lid, door jambs, etc...

I also use them for the wheels.

BigAl3
04-12-2005, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by wannafbody

i got a couple of 12x24 WW from target and they work well

agreed, they feel just as soft as the cobra ww i have :up

imported_mrecktid
04-12-2005, 10:17 PM
Does anyone use ww`s to QD with S&W?