PDA

View Full Version : PC Product Checklist

Teknikal
04-11-2005, 03:59 PM
Weather is finally warming up and I will get to use my PC that I got for Christmas. I just want to make sure I have everything I need.

Specimen: 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S (Silver)

PC7336SP (thx to my g/f)

Excel Propel Pad/Backing Plate Starter set for $29.99 (Seems backing plates are on order now though )

Yellow Medium Cutting pad

Orange light cut/polish pad

2 Green polish pads

Klasse AIO Polish

4* UPP

The things I was looking for are ease of use because I don`t want to become disheartened the first time I use the machine with difficult products.

I also still need swirl removers and couldn`t find one that seemed the most "user friendly" so if someone could point me in the right direction for that I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks and happy detailing

MongooseGA
04-11-2005, 04:16 PM
I hear the Menzerna line is pretty user friendly, but I haven`t used any of them yet.

I like Meg`s #83, and I`ve heard good things about #80.

J.J.
04-11-2005, 05:49 PM
Poorboys SSR 2.5 is a great swirl remover. It smells good with easy application and great results.

JJ

hirosh
04-11-2005, 06:03 PM
i guess it`ll depend on how bad the swirls are. for heavy swirling, i`ve found Poorboy`s SSR 2.5 with a cutting pad to work well and is pretty user friendly. i like to work it slowly, maybe start off at a speed of 4, making a few passes, and then go up to a speed of 5, and work it until it pretty much disappears. sometimes it polishes well enough that i can go straight to my LSP. other times i get a little hazing which i then clean up with SSR 1.

for light swirls, you could also use SSR 2.5 with a polishing pad. i`ve also tried Meg`s #80 Speed Glaze with pretty good results. for #80, just work it until it turns clear, and then wipe off.

and AIO + UPP is a nice combo for metallics.

happy detailing! :wavey

imported_Denzil
04-11-2005, 09:13 PM
As already mentioned, SSR2.5 would be good and I hear it`s pretty user-friendly. Plus you can use it in the sun! :up

Anyway, I have yet to do my first full detail on a car. I bought the 4* car care trio from Exceldetail so I`ll be using the 4* SMR. I`ll see how it turns out once I find some free time in my really busy schedule.