PDA

View Full Version : How many layers of Klasse SG on wheels?

opass
04-11-2005, 02:09 PM
I already applied 3 coats of KSG on wheels with clear coat finish. Would that be enough?

stilez
04-11-2005, 02:12 PM
I would say so. For maximum shine, I believe 5 coats is the climax. As far as protection, I`d say you`re good for a while.

Accumulator
04-11-2005, 04:52 PM
Opass- Yeah, that should be fine. I put four on mine, and that extra was probably overkill. Remember to only wash them with carwash shampoo and to clay them very gently if it`s needed.

SilverLexus
04-11-2005, 05:09 PM
I use just one layer of Poorboys Wheel Sealant or AIO and get great results.

imported_plazaman
04-11-2005, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by GSRstilez

I would say so. For maximum shine, I believe 5 coats is the climax. As far as protection, I`d say you`re good for a while.

Does that mean the wheel process will take 5 days?

Accumulator
04-11-2005, 05:32 PM
Plazaman- Unless you just do a layer after every wash. With the wheels, I had them off the vehicle so I just spread it out over a few days. With something that`s always in service I just get one layer on for starters and then do more whenever I wash it.

imported_plazaman
04-11-2005, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Accumulator

Plazaman- Unless you just do a layer after every wash. With the wheels, I had them off the vehicle so I just spread it out over a few days. With something that`s always in service I just get one layer on for starters and then do more whenever I wash it.

layer every wash sounds good.

SG alone or AIO then SG?

horatiub
04-11-2005, 06:26 PM
can somebody describe the process in detail? Like:

wash, AIO, SG.....

how long do you have to wait after AIO, or should SG be let to sit on the wheel for an hour and then wipe off...

thank you guys

Eliot Ness
04-11-2005, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by plazaman

layer every wash sounds good.

SG alone or AIO then SG?

SG alone, AIO would remove the previous layer/s of SG

horatiub:

Your process is correct: wash, AIO, SG.....

No wait after AIO, but 24 hours between applications of SG. Let SG dry (haze) before removing.

imported_plazaman
04-11-2005, 09:06 PM
SO its AIO, SG, wait

Eliot Ness
04-11-2005, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by plazaman

SO its AIO, SG, wait

:xyxthumbs

DETAILKING
04-11-2005, 10:42 PM
You should be good for at least a few washes. Wash your wheels the same way you do your car (same carwash) but use a separate washmitt. You should be able to clean your wheels now by hand using carwash and a washmitt. When they become harder to clean, use a spray on wheels cleaner, and apply more wax or sealant.